translation in french

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vero

translation in french

Post by vero »

hello! I'm french and I want to help to translate battle for wesnoth in french. My problem is that I'm not very good at computer stuffs (.po files and so on...).
is it possible to help to translate and to send it with a more simple way? for example to send me by mail some texts to translate and I will send them translated in return?
I know that it is more work for you but I really want to help and I don't now how to do it in an other way. thanks
Vero
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: translation in french

Post by Iris »

vero wrote:My problem is that I'm not very good at computer stuffs (.po files and so on...).
I'd highly recommend that you try and learn how to work with .po files. It's not really much harder than working with plain text files.

Basically you just make your changes and send the modified .po file(s) to the translation maintainer as listed in FrenchTranslation. There's a freely available tool called Poedit which is in my experience very easy to use, and runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It's basically just matter of editing translated lines (msgstrs) while looking at the original English lines (msgids) and saving — the tool makes this possible with a convenient interface.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Thegoergen

Re: translation in french

Post by Thegoergen »

The poEdit really is the most simple way to translate. I think it is better than plain text.
Diego Inácio Goergen
Sorry by the English.
Trying to help the translation
I am a nulity in not-Java programming