List of translators with plenty of free time

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elven

Re: List of translators with plenty of free time

Post by Elven »

Hello everyone, here is my idea. There are many translators, but not all of them wish to translate all unofficial campaigns, which are often not completed or not in a very good quality. But there also people, who have enough time and like to help with translating unofficial campaigns. I like to make a list of this people.

Like to go to this list? Great, write here this informations:

- what languages are you able to work with
- how can someone (creators of unofficial campaigns) contact you (e-mail, PM, ICQ, Jabber etc etc etc)

okay, so me first. I like to help with translation to slovak language. I prefer shorter campaigns with less strings, so if you have one, you can contact me and I will help you. Best way to contact me is e-mail shoferek (a) gmail (dot) com.
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Daracos

Post by Daracos »

hi !

im new to wesnoth but eager to contribute. ;)
i would do a german translation or at least give it a try, im really curious about it.
well actually i could be of help with portuguese and spanish aswell. if you made a campaign in spanish i could make a german version of it.
although from english to german would be the best in quality i guess.

numbers13

Post by numbers13 »

Hi
I would be able to contribute towards translations into Afrikaans.
Would prefer if people contact me on forum.
Dugucloud

Post by Dugucloud »

Maybe our Chinese translaters are feeling happiness because we have our own forum. http://wesnoth.cn
Mi povas paroli Esperanton.
Elven

Post by Elven »

re-opening after a very long time. I know, not the best idea ever - but still. It is a very good idea, to create a list of guys who like to translate something, for example user made content.
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

You might have some pretty bad timing here. Right now I would guess that most translators are busy working on getting 1.11.x translated so that 1.12.0 will be as completely translated into their language as possible. Thanks to the stringfreeze the development branch is no moving target right now...
Elven

Post by Elven »

ivanovic wrote:You might have some pretty bad timing here. Right now I would guess that most translators are busy working on getting 1.11.x translated so that 1.12.0 will be as completely translated into their language as possible. Thanks to the stringfreeze the development branch is no moving target right now...
not exactly sure, if that is a bad timing. Yep, official translators are working like crazy right now (i allready made all my official translations), but there are guys not working on official translations... hmmm, this is maybe better for different part of the forum.

Idea about this is something like "i made a campaign and i will be happy, if someone translate it. and, by the way, i wish to translate the work of someone else, so if you wish, contact me by (insert mail, PM, FB...)"
Svistwarrior273
Translator

Post by Svistwarrior273 »

official translators are working like crazy right now
Spoiler:
I would like to be added to the list, please
Language: Slovak
Preferring longer ones (300+ strings)
Last edited by Svistwarrior273 on March 30th, 2014, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elven

Post by Elven »

by the way, for new translators, anyone can send his .po file for this special campaign with only 11 strings: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40141