How to tag translations of item descrip:s & cannot-use-m

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sanna

How to tag translations of item descrip:s & cannot-use-m

Post by sanna »

Is it currently possible to translate the descriptions and cannot_use_messages of items?

Since it's the object instances, and not the definitions that have id:s, would you use the definition string as basis for the keys (i.e. is this possible?:?):

Code: Select all

[language]
HOLY_WATER_name="Vigvatten"
HOLY_WATER_description="Detta vatten gör närstridsvapen heliga."
HOLY_WATER_cannot_use_message="Jag kan inte använda detta. Låt någon annan ta det."
[/language]
EDIT: Well there seems to be a general uninterest in this question, understandable since its not extremely important. Through trial and error I've ascertained that the following works:

Code: Select all

[language]
object7_holywater_name="Vigvatten"
object7_holywater="Detta vigvatten gör närstridsvatten heliga"
[/language]
The first line sets the label under the image, and the second the rest of the dialog text.
I've yet to figure out how to tag the cannot_use_message though :?

It seems that you have to repeat this for every instance of the object.
yeti

and much more...

Post by yeti »

I've just encountered this too. `Cannot use' messages seem untranslatable, starting from that for Deflador's old staff in tutorial. There are quite a few others, like traits... loyal, strong, etc. translations make no difference in the right pane and unit recall list (only the mouse-over description gets translated).

I'd just like know if one should just wait, because `everybody knows it' and it's going to be fixed, or one should just wait, because it `doesn't worth fixing' yet in this stage, or things like this should be reported, or there's something one can do about it (w/o playing too much CVS catch-up and coding), ..., or whether these things are translatable after all, but few can figure out how (how, then?).
-std::string font_name = "Vera.ttf";
+std::string font_name = "Bepa-Roman.ttf";