The upcoming stable 1.2 and string freezes [UPDATE]

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

The upcoming stable 1.2 and string freezes [UPDATE]

Post by ivanovic »

Hiho everybody!
I just wanted to inform you that very soon there will be the next stable version of Wesnoth, namely Wesnoth 1.2. Since this is a stable version we would love to have as many translations complete as possible. By the end of this week 1.1.5 will be released. Together with this release there will be a "soft" string freeze. This means no strings will be heavyly modified until 1.2. There will only be typo fixes until the middle of June. Afterwards there is a hard string freeze which means that there will be no string changes at all.
More details about our plans you will find on this page: http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Wesnoth1.2ReleasePlan.
I am looking forward to getting your translations and having them in 1.2. There will be *no* restrictions due to incompleteness of translations. So even if you do not manage to get your translation complete it will be in this stable version. Nevertheless it would be good to have the translations complete.
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic
Last edited by ivanovic on January 1st, 2008, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

From now on the real and final string freeze is active. There will be no more string changes until that release is out. In two or three weeks we plan to release a stable version and hope for many complete translations in it. Since there were some last minuite changes, please send in your files so that they are updated.
It would also be a good thing if you had a look at data/about.cfg *and* the about page here on the website if you are added in there. If you are not, please tell this your translation maintainer and he will inform me and/or Torangan so that we update both. Remember, neither the website nor about.cfg are automatically generated. So changes have to be done to each. It may happen that they are out of sync so please check both. For those translators who do not have a checkout of the svn, have a look at the viewsvn-website for the file: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth/trunk/data/about.cfg.
Good luck working on the translations.
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

I guess this no longer needs to be an "announcement". ;-)

However, I have a question about the 1.2 branch. I assume there will be in future more releases from this branch, right? That is, it still makes sense to work on translations of this branch. I just ask to be sure.

EDIT: OK, I just looked in my mailbox to see that 1.2.4 is being prepared. ;-) Anyway the question remains... will there be more releases from 1.2 branch after 1.2.4?
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

I wrote nothing so far about 1.2.4 being prepared, I just wrote that there will be no release *before* a specific date due to the promise I gave the translation maintainers some time ago. That is all.
Regarding a possible 1.2.5 release: no idea. If there are enough changes to warrant a release: yes, if there are not: no.
_saeros_

Post by _saeros_ »

How can I help with the spanish translation? It's as you see my second post so I don't have much idea about how this forum work, but I want to help