English proofreading + French version for campaigns

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

English proofreading + French version for campaigns

Postby Burgundian » November 24th, 2017, 10:18 am

Hi, I'm a professional translator and a player of Wesnoth. I recently downloaded extra campaigns and sometimes the English dialogs show the person who created them is not a native speaker, which may hinder understanding of those dialogs by natives themselves, and even more by those who don't master the language.
That's why I offer my proofreading services in English, as well as translation in French, which is my other language.
Ideally, it would be a paid service (eh, I gotta make a living ^^), my prices are € 0.03 per word for proofreading and € 0.06 for translation.

If you're interested, PM me or reply here :-)
Thank you !

————
Or maybe I could do it for free and I'd let users tip me on dedicated sites ?
Burgundian

Re: English proofreading + French version for campaigns

Postby tekelili » November 24th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Do you realize what are you doing? You are asking people that created game you are playing by free, paying you for give some effort to a comunitary project. So... they should pay in order to work for free and give you a game?
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
tekelili

Postby GunChleoc » November 25th, 2017, 10:52 am

It would certainly be great to have a proofreader on board for the source strings, but as tekelili said, this is an all volunteer project. Funds and donations mostly go towards server costs, and none of the developers get paid ;)
GunChleoc
Translator

Postby LordOfAles » November 25th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Agreed, this is a FREE game. No content is to be paid or to be bought. That's the best thing here :)
World's best Ale!
LordOfAles

Return to Translations & Internationalization