Scenario 17: Mortality

Feedback for the mainline campaign Secrets of the Ancients.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario 17: Mortality

Post by Content Feedback » May 13th, 2017, 10:36 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) What did you think about the dialog and story?
(4) What were the major challenges you faced?
(5) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(6) What suggestions do you have to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback

Kylix

Re: Scenario 17: Mortality

Post by Kylix » May 17th, 2018, 10:20 am

(1) Easy, 1.14
(2) 7
(3) Ardryn-Na shouldn't have transformed herself in a lich. Unlike Ras-Tabahn (illness) and Malin Keshar (poison), she wasn't going to die. But I've appreciated that it's the only undead campaign which doesn't end with the main character's demise. Then, many scenarios end without a final dialogue and many of them are named as "Defeat the enemy leader" instead of "Defeat Garcyn", for example.
(4) Facing the dwarves: they're deadly towards the majority of undead units.
(5) 3
(6) All loyal units should have a death dialogue, only Carcyn and Shynal have one, Garcyn (the first ghoul Ardonna creates) should be a loyal unit with his own death dialogue and Ras-Tabahn, Carcyn and Vendraxis shoud have their own avatar, while Ardryn-Na and Shynal, as necromancers, should have a modified version of the female Necromancer avatar, instead of the classical one.

beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut » May 18th, 2018, 5:28 am

Kylix wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 10:20 am
3) Ardryn-Na shouldn't have transformed herself in a lich.
In this world, people die suddenly all the time--she probably had some close calls during the campaign, and she would like to avoid that. She was already prepared to do whatever was necessary, so she didn't need to think about it long. She certainly wouldn't have gone first, before she was positive it was going to work, but after Ras-Tabahn survived and was stronger than ever, why not?
Kylix wrote:
"Defeat the enemy leader" instead of "Defeat Garcyn", for example.
A lot of mainline campaigns are like that, including HttT.
Kylix wrote:
Facing the dwarves: they're deadly towards the majority of undead units.
Sure. It's supposed to be hard at that point.
Kylix wrote:
All loyal units should have a death dialogue
Yes, maybe so. The reason I didn't bother is because I figured the player would probably keep going if they lost Carcyn or Shynal, but would probably quit if they lost one of the others. There is no reason for Garcyn to be loyal though.
Kylix wrote:
Carcyn and Vendraxis shoud have their own avatar
If you mean the portrait, then sure, that would be great! I'm not a good enough artist to do it though, and I'm not going to ask our single active artist to do it. He has a lot to work on.
Campaigns: Dead Water
The Founding of Borstep
Secrets of the Ancients

Kylix

Post by Kylix » May 18th, 2018, 12:11 pm

beetlenaut wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 5:28 am
Kylix wrote:
3) Ardryn-Na shouldn't have transformed herself in a lich.
In this world, people die suddenly all the time--she probably had some close calls during the campaign, and she would like to avoid that. She was already prepared to do whatever was necessary, so she didn't need to think about it long. She certainly wouldn't have gone first, before she was positive it was going to work, but after Ras-Tabahn survived and was stronger than ever, why not?
Kylix wrote:
"Defeat the enemy leader" instead of "Defeat Garcyn", for example.
A lot of mainline campaigns are like that, including HttT.
Kylix wrote:
Not at the level of DW and SotA.
beetlenaut wrote:
Facing the dwarves: they're deadly towards the majority of undead units.
Sure. It's supposed to be hard at that point.
Kylix wrote:
All loyal units should have a death dialogue
Yes, maybe so. The reason I didn't bother is because I figured the player would probably keep going if they lost Carcyn or Shynal, but would probably quit if they lost one of the others. There is no reason for Garcyn to be loyal though.
Kylix wrote:
I think Garcyn should be loyal, just like Rudic, another Ardonna creation, since he was the basis for the next ghouls and also her best experiment.
Carcyn and Vendraxis shoud have their own avatar
If you mean the portrait, then sure, that would be great! I'm not a good enough artist to do it though, and I'm not going to ask our single active artist to do it. He has a lot to work on.
[/quote]You can ask to someone. I'm asking to my acquaintances too for avatars and sprites, since I'm a very bad drawer.
beetlenaut wrote: