Scenario 2: Dark Business

Feedback for the mainline campaign Secrets of the Ancients.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario 2: Dark Business

Post by Content Feedback » May 13th, 2017, 10:36 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) What did you think about the dialog and story?
(4) What were the major challenges you faced?
(5) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(6) What suggestions do you have to make it more fun?
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback

jeremybauerle

Re: Scenario 2: Dark Business

Post by jeremybauerle » June 21st, 2017, 8:39 pm

(1) Difficulty level & Version?
  • Corrupt (Challenging) 1.13.8
  • Ardonna was very careful to keep her experiments hidden while in the academy, where the only penalty was expulsion (or so she claimed). But at the first graveyard she visits, she openly reanimates zombies while knowing that there are guards looking for her, and presumably knowing the penalty is death. Her lack of caution seemed out of character.
  • It also seemed out of character that she was so quick to kill people. She didn't even kill the bat she reanimated. She waited for it to die naturally.
  • Why can Ardonna suddenly reanimate skeletons when she finds weapons and armor? Zombies I understand narratively; she found life-lines or something running through the bat's body, so I guess she found those life lines in the dead human bodies too. Should we be interpreting the skeletons as zombies with weapons/armor? If so, why can't they plague anymore?
  • So, my main issue is that Ardonna's development, in character and in power, jumps so significantly here, and without much explanation.
  • You have to play very defensively. First strike units boosted by a Leadership unit is a recipe for disaster for the zombies.
  • Level 0 units have difficulty protecting Ardonna, but it seemed like the enemies preferred the easy zombie kills.
  • The guy on the guardhouse could be a pain without Ardonna's magic. But it's dangerous for Ardonna to be that close to spearmen.
  • 3, but we're still setting the stage for the larger adventure.
  • Maybe have the grave summons randomly be a weaponless skeleton or a zombie. This way we're not so surprised that we can suddenly summon skeletons.
  • Maybe have Ardonna plead with the guards if she's targeted. I presume she want's to kill as few people as possible.
  • Maybe have a couple Level 0 bats swoop in to protect Ardonna if she's attacked.

SanDonk

Re: Scenario 2: Dark Business

Post by SanDonk » May 20th, 2018, 3:48 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

1) Difficult, 1.14.1
2) 2
3) I was confused, she was to slay people with no remorse too quickly
4) None. It was easy. I did not actually need recruited units much. I recalled two lvl1 bats promoted last scenario and promoted Ardonna to lvl2. She was able to wipe out basically the most of army.
5) 7 - why not, it was somewhat different from normal stereotype and a rest from last scenario