Wesnoth: Roll to dodge rpg!

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boldek

Wesnoth: Roll to dodge rpg!

Post by Boldek »

Welcome, gentlemen, to a new forum game!

The Wesnoth Roll 2 Dodge, a rpg style game that will begin on the 10th, unless of further correction.
Please submit a form such as explain below via pm or in the thread to join, I'll be accepting requests untill either a 6 player limit is filled.

Rules:
Spoiler:
Players:
Tarbith Olymmer (Human, 31)
ingenious, absent-minded, strong
Scholar: Tarbith has a vast knowledge, even of very obscure facts, and a very analytic mind.
Tarbith Olymmer is one of the most promising students of the time, though definitely not the most blessed of common sense or the most socially apt. He enters this story as part of his work for his (equivalent of) dissertation. (Details will depend on what the story is.)
Desomer Enrno(Human 23)
Smart, Quick to Anger, Distant
Necromancer: Growing up Desomer wanted to be the best Mage in history already promised a place at the College of Alduin when he was 11 casting a perfect fireball spell. The push...the very soul of his existence was for his mother and promised her that she would live in a great palace when his Father out of a Fit of rage (common for his dad and a trait he inherited) Killed his mother Desomer killed his father with a massive fireball burning there house down. every since Desomer has studied the dark arts of bringing back his mother Truly bringing her back. He Enters the story following a Scholar hoping the man knows about stronger forms of necromancy the name of this man is Tarbith Olymmer.......
Desomer his Profound in both Normal Arcane arts and Dark ones. He carries his mothers Sword as a Reminder of his Quest.
Last edited by Boldek on May 15th, 2012, 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wesnoth: Roll to dodge rpg!

Post by Crendgrim »

Eh... again a Roll to Dodge? We've had plenty of them already (all of which kind of did not work out), and I thought there was this forum set up especially for R2D games: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=33092 (see the last post for the actual link) :hmm:
Just saying, in case you missed it.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

I did not miss it at all, I chose to start up an R2dodge here because the R2D were mainly moved into their forum, and I simply wished to set up an old 'forum' game here in the Wesnoth forums. If the mods have a dislike of R2Ds here, I can move shop to the Roll2dodge forums, but I mainly created this one for the wesnoth's sake, otherwise I would have done so at the other forum.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Tarbith Olymmer (Human, 31)
ingenious, absent-minded, strong
Scholar: Tarbith has a vast knowledge, even of very obscure facts, and a very analytic mind.
Tarbith Olymmer is one of the most promising students of the time, though definitely not the most blessed of common sense or the most socially apt. He enters this story as part of his work for his (equivalent of) dissertation. (Details will depend on what the story is.)
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Tarbith: You slowly fold up your letter and look around you at the beautiful scenery around you. Standing at the top of a soaring mountain, you view the tall castle ahead of you with anticipation. Ever since you had received an invitation one year ago from the council of Beryl, you had been journeying to their headquarters, HavenSpire, a mighty castle carved into the cliffs of the heart mountains. Your letter of invitation acknowledged you as a notable student at your university in Elensefar, and wish you to be present at the centennial meeting of the Four mages of Fire, Light, Ice, and Stars. Many things have passed in the century since the last meeting of these great wizards, and many things, which even a student at a university hardly touching magic, must be present to discuss. What part you may play in the meeting concerning great mages and lords slightly mystifies you, but you are sure that your trip will be worth it. Any way, your dissertation would certainly be worth writing here, at the head of all universities and mageschools.

Status: Slightly cold and tired, half a mile from the gates of HavenSpire. You are with two traveling companions, both silver mages and good friends who with some effort teleported you through some of Thoria.

Inventory: Cloak (worn)
Walking Stick (In right hand)
Knife (in belt)
Tome (in pack)
Notebook (in pack)
A loaf of bread and a flask of wine (in pack)
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

I of course continue with the travel. Oh, I cannot wait to arrive there! All the things I could learn ...
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Okay, since all the players are ready....

Tarbith You pass through a huge gateway, and into a bustling courtyard. Your name is called, and a page ushers your quarters, a small room built within the mountain side, your window looking thousands of miles down to a valley far below.
" The meeting will begin tomorrow sir." The page says. " Masters told me to mention the directions to the library, on your left at the end of the hall, sir."
You sit on your small bed and gaze about you. With some interest you note the mouse hole accross the room, and the dusty candle someone has left here.

Status: Somewhat tired, but resting. In a room within castle HavenSpire.

Inventory: Cloak (worn)
Walking stick (beside you)
Knife (in bekt)
Tome (in pack)
A loaf of bread and a flask of wine (in pack)
Pack (on the floor beside you)
UndeadRussian

Post by UndeadRussian »

Desomer Enrno(Human 23)
Smart, Quick to Anger, Distant
Necromancer: Growing up Desomer wanted to be the best Mage in history already promised a place at the College of Alduin when he was 11 casting a perfect fireball spell. The push...the very soul of his existence was for his mother and promised her that she would live in a great palace when his Father out of a Fit of rage (common for his dad and a trait he inherited) Killed his mother Desomer killed his father with a massive fireball burning there house down. every since Desomer has studied the dark arts of bringing back his mother Truly bringing her back. He Enters the story following a Scholar hoping the man knows about stronger forms of necromancy the name of this man is Tarbith Olymmer.......
Desomer his Profound in both Normal Arcane arts and Dark ones. He carries his mothers Sword as a Reminder of his Quest.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

I read before I go to sleep.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

I read before I go to sleep.
Tarbith: You reach into your bag and fondly open your favorite tome, which you study for some time. As the sky darkens, you go to sleep on your bed, anxious for the morning.

Inventory:
Walking stick (nearby)
Tome: (in pack)
Knife ( in belt)
Loaf of bread and flask of wine (in pack)
Pack: (on floor beside you)
Cloak (beside you)

Desomer
Fingering the hilt of your sword, you wrap your cloak around you tighter and stumble up the stony path. True, it was far from easy to reach Havenspire, but as the tall castle draws near, you remind yourself that reaching your goal is worth it. Time waits for no man, and you must reach that haven before sundown. A slow smile spreads over your blue lips, as you head for the castle ahead of you. No matter what pains and follies to took to get here, here you will find Tarbyth Olymmer, in the capital of all magic and studies. Surely, after you read Tarbyth's book, "Concepts of mortality" surely this man can help you weave the perfect spell for your mother...with, or without his consent.

Status: Cold and tired, alone one mile from Havenspire. If you hurry, you may make it before they close the gates for sundown.

Inventory:
Ancestors sword: (in belt)
Spellbook of the dark arts (in pack)
Old page of arcane spells (in pack)
Cloak (worn)
Flask of brandy (in pack)
UndeadRussian

Post by UndeadRussian »

Post 1:

Push Foward For the Prize will be Greater then any suffering

Post 2:

And I Prepare my Spells and Mind for a possible fight
Last edited by artisticdude on May 15th, 2012, 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Deleted double-post. If you have something to add to your original post only a short while (in this case, two minutes) later, please edit your original post as per point 1f of the Posting Guidelines.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

In the morning and get up, preparing myself for the conference, taking with me some things to take notes. (very excited) Afterwards, I start my way to the meeting.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Push Foward For the Prize will be Greater then any suffering, And I Prepare my Spells and Mind for a possible fight

Desomer: You break into a stumbling run in the gathering twilight, your throat burning from the run and cold. After what seems like an eternity of agony, you make it to the gate, just as the porter prepares to slam it shut.
"What's with you?" He asks.
You mumble out "Visitor, important errand for council," and stagger past him, collapsing from exhaustion on the cobblestones.
The next thing you remember, you are lying in the infirmary, staring at the sun rise over your window. As you lie in bed, you begin to wonder whether you made a mistake coming here. What will happen if this Tarbyth decides to call the guards on you? Will they allow you to stay here, or will they suspect you of mischief to the council? Quietly, you rehearse two battle spells over in your mind, in case of trouble, something you are accustomed to.

Status: In a bed, in the infirmary of Havenspire. You have two spells ready to use: A spell of wind and a spell of iceball.

Inventory:
Ancestors sword: (in pack)
Spellbook of the dark arts (in pack)
Old page of arcane spells (in pack)
Cloak (in pack)
Flask of brandy (in pack)
pack (on floor)

In the morning and get up, preparing myself for the conference, taking with me some things to take notes. (very excited) Afterwards, I start my way to the meeting.
Tarbyth: After a restful evening, you don your cloak grab your trusty quill and some notes, and head out to the main chamber. As you wander through the hallways, you realize you left your ink in your room. As hurry back, as you sprint down the halls, you pass a handful of guards standing around the infirmary door conversing in low tones. strange, you think, as you burst into your room and snatch up your ink, hoping you are not too late to get good seating.

Status: In the hallways of Havenspire, heading for the Council chamber.
Inventory:
Cloak: (worn)
Notes and ink (in hand)
Creativity

Post by Creativity »

I know it's a bit late, but can I join?
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Creativity wrote:I know it's a bit late, but can I join?
Sure! Anyone can join until the 6 player slots are filled. :)