Ruin A Wish: Short stories

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Drakefriend

Ruin A Wish: Short stories

Post by Drakefriend »

After Ruin A Wish was locked last time, I recreated this game. However, there were complains that the game was boring. So I decided to introduce a new rule: The format of a ruin from now on should be a story. It does not have to be long, but corrupting with a sentence is no longer wanted. In addition, the twist should be related to the wish, not some random misfortune.
However the basic rules remain: You can grant the previous wish, but it has to have a twist in it. Now you have to make a wish, which can again be granted...twistedly...and so on.
Also please remember not to make the end of the game a wish or corruption: The Moderators have made this happen for real more than once. If you think the game is at an deadend, please contact me, I will in this case function as an arbiter.
Examples of what I think were good curroption stories from the previous run:
"I wish for a 12 quart copper bowl"
"I wish I could make Wesnoth campaigns through thought only, and so have them immediately ready, complete, not warped, in the add-on list as soon as I think the storyline... and everyone will download and appreciate them. Ah, I have infinite fantasy also... ^^"
"I wish I wasn't hurt by fire."
"I wish I could travel more."
Last edited by Drakefriend on November 30th, 2011, 3:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
MoroPoro

Re: Ruin A Wish- I will never let it die!

Post by MoroPoro »

MoroPoro wrote:I won't wish for my wish not to be granted :wink:
remember what I said last time! there's always someone who saw it coming… *
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Drakefriend wrote:For some reason, the idiotic (and according to its OWN POSTER, to be ignored) wish to wish the same wish over and over again, the last run of Ruin A Wish was locked.
So wait, you're calling me an idiot? :| I am offended by that.

I understand you may be upset that the last thread was locked, but my last wish was perfectly within the rules given for the game in the last thread. Yes, I knew it would cause problems, which is why I said it could be ignored.

That does not give you grounds to insult me.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Well, actually it was rather about it being continued, even after you told us to ignore it. I apologize if you feel offended by my choice of words.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Come on... we had 50+ pages of this. Let's think up something new and exciting that we don't already know how to "win".

And yeah let's watch it when we're throwing around words like "idiot". :hmm:
powershot

Post by powershot »

Yeah it's back! :D Image

Thanks drake friend.

@Drake: We should make this game more interesting in some way. Like gambit said.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Ok. A new rule to make it more interesting: Changing the formate
Ruin the wish preferably with a short story, not a single sentence
So, not "Granted, but X happens.", but a story describing HOW X happens.

Does that sound better? (I also liked those long ones best.)

Also, there is no "winning", and winning is not the point of the game. If you find a wish no one can ruin (and the fatal wish was ruined very horribly), you have not won, but actually, it is more like everyone losing.

My wish still is to be able to watch The Future Is Wild and to listen to its title song whenever I want to.

PS: Also, please keep the answer related to the wish, don't let random misfortune come over the wishing one.
PPS: And on the idiotic wish, I meant that it was continued when it was really no longer funny and after you allowed us to ignore it (which I think was really a good reaction, sorry), and one of its iterations corruption was that the moderators would end it (what they did). Yes, I think, would I have been this night, I thiink I would have attempted to break this chain, probably refering to your comment. I am really sorry for offending you. In my rage, I wrote the things far different then what I think now.
Last edited by Drakefriend on October 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
powershot

Re: Ruin A Wish, version 2.0

Post by powershot »

Granted, you sing it all day, you sing all night. You sing it in your dreams. That's ok, because you're happy right? But you start failing all your
failing everything, grades, jobs etc. Later you are hungry and homeless and still listening to the song. Blind to the world. But that's ok because you're happy right?

I wish I could finish Era of three Worlds(by: Powershot) faster.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Granted.
You suddendly hear load noise. As you stand up, a man comes into your room. He is wielding a very wickedly-looking whip. He screams at you: "WILL YOU WORK ON THE ERA OF THREE WORLDS!? GET TO WORK!!!".
You work all the day, until you have enough. But as you stand up, you see that the man is still there. He shouts "NO LAZINESS, SLAVE!!!" and strikes you with his whip. Its latches are indeed horribly painful.
Even as you want to go to sleep. the man will not get youn go. He instead forcefeeds you a mixture of coffeine, coca and lots of other, far more bizarre stuff that allows you to keep awake for all night.
As the man did never give you a break, you finish the Era of Three Worlds within a number of days far smaller than the amount you would have needed if you had only worked for a part of a day. But the hard time of emotional and physical abuse the man subjected you to broke you, and after you upload the era with all what is left of your strength, you expire.

I wish to archieve divinity, so I can be there to see what happens in even the places in time and space most distant to us.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Granted, but these most distant places have things you can't imagine.
Really un modest, crazy, bizzare, odd, things you would never want to look at.
Eventually you shudder at every sound, every time you look at someone you imagine what you saw.
BAM!
Boldek: "AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh*Shake&shudder!"
HaHa. :lol2:
Boldek: *Shaking*
Powershot: "HaHa, it's just me."

I wish for a funny life.(funny to me.)
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Drakefriend wrote:Please, do not lock or delete, please, do not lock or delete, please, please, please, PLEASE!
Begging for mercy is unlikely to have an effect on us, the people who actually have to run the forums and keep them orderly, or the people who have to pay for the hosting, who are clearly not you. If we decide something should be locked or deleted, we will lock or delete it regardless of your pleas.

Also, your defensive attitude is hilarious.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

I changed the first post, which now tells the rules.
How can I link to a specific post? I would like to link to some of my favorite posts to give examples how such a corruption story might look like.
powershot

Post by powershot »

like so: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=767

instead of putting 765, I put 767, and it goes to the right post.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Thank you.
powershot

Post by powershot »

I wish you would answer my wish(if you ruin it, then you will only have to reply to one of them. Hint Hint...)
ok bye m8. I'm serious.