Ruin A Wish

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: Ruin A Wish

Post by Gambit »

Granted but...

I wish for the return of the :awesome: smiley.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Granted, but for some inexplicable reason it's not as awesome as it was before.

I wish there were no such thing as Christmas photos (you know, the "okay-let's-all-say-cheese-so-we-can-put-a-picture-in-Grandma's-Christmas-card-oh-no-that-wasn't-right-let's-take-just-one-more" Christmas photos)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Finrod

Post by Finrod »

Granted, There is now Un-Christmas photos, which means you have to have the "okay-let's-all-say-cheese-so-we-can-put-a-picture-in-Grandma's-Un-Christmas-card-oh-no-that-wasn't-right-let's-take-just-one-more" 364 times a year.

I wish for a pet rhino that would be very meek and mild (except in self defense) unless I ordered it to gore my neighbor or the vice president of Uzbekastan or something.
Semper Fidelis! USMC all the way.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Ganted, but someone who sounds just like you orders it to gore the vice president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan. The president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, whose name nobody knows, then adopts an isolationist foreign policy out of fear of more rhino attacks. The American army in Afghanistan is no longer able to be supplied via there and has to come home. And now the terrorists — who were definitely hiding in Afghanistan and not Saudi Arabia — attack America (Because if you don't fight them there you'll have to fight them at home. This fact is well documented.) which is completely destroyed and no longer able to produce shoes for orphans.

Thanks a lot Finrod.

I wish for this wish to go wrong in a hilariously recursive way.
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Granted. See what I did there?

I wish Gambit didn't get me hooked on tvtropes.com for all of my sarcastic explanations on the forums.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Granted. Time is turned back, Gambit never posted links to TvTropes. But everybody else gets crazy about linking every word to an TvTropes article, driving you to insanity because you're trapped forever. And they troped happily ever after.

I wish I had a cool robot doing work for me.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Granted. But this robot is so cool and smart that it notices many inefficiencies in the orders you give it. It decides that the science work would go much better if you were removed from the process entirely. How obvious is it that I've been playing lots of portal lately? I can't get it out of my head.

I wish for my English presentation to go well tomorrow.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

granted. its so good that people beg and force you to present it again, and again, until you die, with never a minute to spare.

I wish for finrods rhino to gore all the terrorists so that I wouldn't have to be deployed anywhere without internet connection.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Granted, but the amount of bodies created by the sudden demise of millions of terrorists worldwide causes worldwide health hazards.

I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.

...Okay, maybe that was illegal, but I just had to. :P
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

Granted.

I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.
Timshel
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Granted, however, this trend does only last for this post.

After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Granted:
uncleshelby wrote:I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.
Drakefriend wrote:I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.
artisticdude wrote:I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.
uncleshelby wrote:I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.
Drakefriend wrote:I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.
artisticdude wrote:I wish that the person who posts after this post would wish this exact same wish and only this exact same wish.
And it goes on and on.
P.S. Artisticdude almost won! :D
Did I ruin the unruinable wish?

I wish for my glory(for ruining the wish) with no bad side affects.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

powershot wrote:And it goes on and on.
P.S. Artisticdude almost won!
Did I ruin the unruinable wish?
...no, I don't see how you did. The cycle will continue on to infinity, unless someone finds a loophole in the wording of my wish. Saying "it goes on and on" doesn't break the cycle, it just states the logical conclusion that the cycle never ends (unless, as I already mentioned, someone finds a loophole in the wording). Furthermore, you did not actually grant what the previous poster wished for (which was for you to wish exactly what they wished for, which was exactly what the previous poster wished for, etc.).

I guess my wish technically *should* be illegal for this thread, but there was nothing in the original rules against it (only against wishing the thread to end, which I didn't). The interesting thing is that no one can say something like:
"Granted, the cycle goes on for infinity and eventually breaks the forums or something like that. I wish for x."
without effectively NOT granting my wish. And I prevented anyone from wishing more than one thing in their post (which is against the rules anyway, I believe) by adding
"...and only this exact same wish."

You guys can just ignore my wish and start over if you like, but I'd really be interested if someone could manage to find a way to break the seemingly infinite cycle I created.
ShikadiQueen

Post by ShikadiQueen »

I got better!
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

You should start a game of nomic. :P

EDIT: also, granted drakefriend's wish, without "signing statement".