Roll 2 Dodge: Wesnoth Forums Edition

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shinobody

Re: Roll 2 Dodge: Wesnoth Forums Edition

Post by Shinobody »

Wait, what?! I did post within 48h. In fact, I had like, more than 24h left.
So how it is:
  • There are 6 players in, including me, 8680 and all newcomers;
  • There are 5 players in, I'm out; (despite posting in 48h limit);
  • There are 5 players in, 8680 is out (despite posting his action, y'no, earlier?);
  • There are 4 players, combining "48h" with "first come first served";
  • Some newcomers will be put on waitlist;
  • We all DUEL TO DEATH! To earn the right to play THE HOLY R2D!
  • Or whatever.
My brain hurts too.
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Everyone who has posted actions is in. I never said anyone was out yet. :3

Roll Monday evening sometime.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
shakenspear

Post by shakenspear »

I guess we have 6 shino :D
edit: btw i thought you weren't in because he said we had 5 but there were 6 actions...
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

I have some sorta pain in my side that has been hurting really bad all evening and now this morning too... I will roll when I can, but I don't think that means today...
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

shakenspear

Post by shakenspear »

Hope you feel better soon dragon :D
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Pain's still there, but I am gonna make sure you guys get a roll by today or tomorrow. You guys just got reorganized, it is a horribly rude thing to do to allow myself to be sick when you all just got ready to go again. Post the list, and let's go.

Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Shakenspear posted a list on the previous page.
shakenspear

Post by shakenspear »

shakenspear wrote:
shakenspear wrote:uhhh, I guess i'll give this roleplaying part a shot?
F***! I have no idea how to get this boar out of here, better go ask people to help me or build something to place it on and drag it back.
I should find some thatch or thin wood and craft it into something i can place the boar on and drag it back here. Ahhh, done (hopefully).
Hey guys can you help me ease this boar onto this platform and drag it back here?

:oops:
8680 wrote:Minor : Keep one spear and leave the rest.
Major : Go help Fellow Strandee #3 with his boar. “Wow, nice. We're gonna need a fridge.”

Is Wesfreak still asleep?
Boldek wrote:look around, check my inventory

edit: took me like 4 edits to get it right...edit again: and i still screwed up..

creonto wrote:Grow and harvest resources from the orchard
im assuming we are still in the same place?

Drakefriend wrote:I, the mad scientist "Professor Obscurus" seek for the other ones.

Er, is this power thing in the first post part of the game? Do you or the player define theese?

don't know if he is in or not...
Shinobody wrote:
@Drakefriend
You don't start with powers, you must use action to attempt to gain skill/power (simple "Learn X" will do), and result is determined by roll (as every other thing), so you may fail.
Wait, wait... I'm out or something?
If no:
  • Make a stack for drying meat.
  • Help shakenspear and 8680 cut meat into pieces and hang it to dry.
  • "Wow... All these things... Hunting and whatnot... I feel like I was in boy scouts again!" (thinks) "Well, not counting the zombie part. But the rest, for sure!"
Since Energy Blades are so handy, I suggest leaving one in stash in case of something.
repost just for convenience
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Shakenspear
Taking an energy blade, you quickly slice up a nearby tree trunk and manage to make a crude dragging vehicle. Pushing the corpse onto the base of the vehicle, you take the other end and begin pulling. It is slow at first, with the weight of the boar slowing you down, but you soon manage to pick up momentum, especially when the terrain starts to decline. Also, you are relieved when you notice Jake Strethern appear in the trees behind you; he walks over and takes one end of it, helping you pull it.

Finally, you get it back to the cave, and drop the heavy load. You arms and legs are extremely strained, and you feel very tired.

Effects:
None

Abilities:
None

Inventory:
Energy Blade

Jake Strethern
Taking one spear form the collection you just made, you hear a lot of grunting and pulling. Investigating, you notice the one named Shakenspear pulling a large boar through the forest. You quickly take one end, and begint op help him pull it along.

Soon, the two of you reach the cave, and drop the beast. It will take a bit of cleaning, but at least you got it back.

Effects:
None

Abilities:
None

Inventory:
Energy Blade
1 Wooden Spear, Fire-Tempered

Boldek
You seem to have nothing with you, unfortunately, but it seems that you have landed on a long beach, with a palisade wall around a large cave nearby. There are some other people talking, and two of them appear to have pulled a massive boar into the enclosure.

Effects:
None

Abilities:
None

Inventory:
None

Creonto
You quickly grow and harvest some fruits from the tree, taking them back into the cave and adding to the resource pile. You notice your druidism is getting a little stronger the more you use it.

Effects:
None

Abilities:
Enhanced Reactions
Druidism (Trained)

Inventory:
Force Field Generator Wristband

Professor Obscurus
"How odd. I appear to have landed in an unknown location with that last experiment." You say, spitting sand out of your mouth and standing up, dusting off your white labcoat.

Noticing another newcomer next to you, you shrug, and walk over to the palisade that is so plainly next to the ocean. You notice the flimsy construction on the palisade, that should be fixed, and soon.

Effects:
None

Abilities:
Scientific (Bonus to rolls relying on smarts)

Inventory:
None

Shinobody
You quickly make a crude drying stack once you notice the size of the boar, hanging it using two ends of the palisade. You then start to slice the meat from the boar, then notice something was you cut.

As you slice thin strips, the meat instantly fries itself from the heat of the energy blades. How useful.

You, Jake, and Shakenspear quickly start working on slicing the meat of the animal into thin strips, taking it inside and storing it there. You now have quite a few options for food; meat and fruits, you are doing well so far.

However, as you finish up, taking the last few meat slices from the bone, you notice the sun beginning to set.

Effects:
None

Abilities:
None

Inventory:
Gold Coin
3 Flint Shards

• Base Status:
  • Small pool
  • Forge
  • Hut
  • Workbench
  • Medium Orchard

Known Deposits:
  • Brown Mineral (unknown)
  • Flint (possible)

Stash:
  • 7 Wooden Spears (Fire Tempered)

Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Oh, and I forgot to say this when it was August 22nd, but this R2D is now a year old. :D

creonto

Post by creonto »

attempt to grow small saplings in such a way that they would interweave in the palisade, adding to its integrity
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Make contact with those that seem to live here, offering to fix the palisade.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
creonto

Post by creonto »

Drakefriend wrote:Make contact with those that seem to live here, offering to fix the palisade.
could you perhaps assist me by making sure to shape the saplings i am growing?
shakenspear

Post by shakenspear »

YYAAAAYY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! ^_^ :lol2:
Relax, eat some meat and a small portion of food (very small, snack sized :D). Also drink some water.
When i'm rejuvenated, lie down and rest but not fall asleep so i'm ready if any monster comes by.
tl;dr eat and get ready for monsters
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Minor : Leave the spear and the gauntlet in the Stash, then go welcome the newcomers and warn them about the zombies.
Major : Help improve my palisade.