You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

johndh

Re: You've been playing too long wesnoth when you're...

Post by johndh »

Hulavuta wrote:(I have no time to read all of this topic or the old one, because I have to go to Publix. So...)
Where shopping is a pleasure!™
57. You make Wesnoth-mods of all of your favorite games
59. You make Wesnoth mods for all of your favorite games.
Uh... ? :|

Oh wait, I get it. Nevermind. :lol2:
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

(Yeah, I expected some people to misunderstand, but I was in a hurry. I'll edit it.)
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

60. You start buying hexagon shaped quantities of land.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

I have a "you know you've been playing Wesnoth too long when story" for you, but I got to tell it in my own way which is long and so a lot of people won't read it.

Last night my friend threw a party and although I did not plan to I may have overindulged.... slightly.
This would account for the fact that my mouth currenlty feels and tastes like a receptacle for cigarette ends and my head seems like it was used to smash brick walls in with.

I won't give you the gory details about mixing vodka, cheap wine and tomato sauce (ketchup), but at some point I lost consciousness. Only I didn't realise it because I went from a good party to a really great one, that is the Wesnoth party. I was in Wesnoth.

There were a lot of people I knew from the forums too, shadowmaster was there, he was a skeleton doing Michael Jackson looking dance moves, and because turuk couldn't make the party they had this like 14 meter high infalitible replica of him (I hope it wasn't very lifelike!) -won't go any further with this or I'll be in trouble for slander or something. But the dancing was great. I mean have you ever seen an elf dance? Kalenz was doing this thing, like a mixture of Russian, Irish and breakdancing and he just kept it up for hours, and when the loyalist theme thing played everybody went crazy... don't ask me how you can dance to that song, but we did, and especially don't ask about the Goblin Spearmen who came to like my waist height and kept accidentally poking me with their spears on the dancefloor (that might have been my friends trying to wake me up). Defaldor was really interesting to talk to, but he conjured an everflowing fountain of beer and so I couldn't finish the conversation I was having with him on account of all the Dwarves pushing me out the way to get to the beer.
It was very real, to the point where I woke up hung over and thinking that I had actually been to the Wesnoth party.
Mind you, there are a lot of things which could have happened last night and I'm hoping didn't so...

not sure if I should drink less or play Wesnoth less.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

:shock:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Araja

Post by Araja »

I am both horrified and impressed.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:I have a "you know you've been playing Wesnoth too long when story" for you, but I got to tell it in my own way which is long and so a lot of people won't read it.

Last night my friend threw a party and although I did not plan to I may have overindulged.... slightly.
This would account for the fact that my mouth currenlty feels and tastes like a receptacle for cigarette ends and my head seems like it was used to smash brick walls in with.

I won't give you the gory details about mixing vodka, cheap wine and tomato sauce (ketchup), but at some point I lost consciousness. Only I didn't realise it because I went from a good party to a really great one, that is the Wesnoth party. I was in Wesnoth.

There were a lot of people I knew from the forums too, shadowmaster was there, he was a skeleton doing Michael Jackson looking dance moves, and because turuk couldn't make the party they had this like 14 meter high infalitible replica of him (I hope it wasn't very lifelike!) -won't go any further with this or I'll be in trouble for slander or something. But the dancing was great. I mean have you ever seen an elf dance? Kalenz was doing this thing, like a mixture of Russian, Irish and breakdancing and he just kept it up for hours, and when the loyalist theme thing played everybody went crazy... don't ask me how you can dance to that song, but we did, and especially don't ask about the Goblin Spearmen who came to like my waist height and kept accidentally poking me with their spears on the dancefloor (that might have been my friends trying to wake me up). Defaldor was really interesting to talk to, but he conjured an everflowing fountain of beer and so I couldn't finish the conversation I was having with him on account of all the Dwarves pushing me out the way to get to the beer.
It was very real, to the point where I woke up hung over and thinking that I had actually been to the Wesnoth party.
Mind you, there are a lot of things which could have happened last night and I'm hoping didn't so...

not sure if I should drink less or play Wesnoth less
Replay or didn't happen.
Oh wait...

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

61: You watch a Basketball game and wonder what WML tags they used to code it
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Hulavuta wrote:61: You watch a Basketball game and wonder what WML tags they used to code it
62. You realize that the only tag they used was [move_unit_fake].
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

63....stoned if you beat someone unconscious in a game of American Football(as in Wesball)
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

@M_C: You post the strangest things... and I can never tell if they're true or not. :| :lol2:
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:I have a "you know you've been playing Wesnoth too long when story" for you, but I got to tell it in my own way which is long and so a lot of people won't read it.

not sure if I should drink less or play Wesnoth less.

Not to sound harsh, but you shouldn't mix up that things(I mean alcohols and, misterious, things like ketchup), as said before, this is funny to read, but it is sad to live that, if you have doubts, ask your friends, but, that is too much; and it is unhelthy.
Fog

Post by Fog »

@Midnight: You made my day. I felt pretty crappy up until now.
Ecce, in caelo! Est avem! Minime, est vehiculum aerem! Minime, est virum Latinum!
boru

Post by boru »

MC - ever wonder why they call them "spirits"? Please be careful.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

MC: :Awesome: You've just inspired my next birthday party. Pity none of my friends play Wesnoth.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!