You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

This is the place for forum games, not discussing games (Off-Topic), games development (Games Development), or Wesnoth (all other forums above).

Moderator: Forum Moderators

artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: You've been playing too long wesnoth when you're...

Post by artisticdude »

31. When you go into someone's house and try and teleport back to your house.
32. When you and the person you're talking to begin to get OOS errors.
33. When you start hearing orcish assassins outside your bedroom window.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

34. You have five versions of wesnoth installed on your computer, and a shortcut to each one is pinned to your start menu.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

This type of thing fakes me out when I look at the main index, I think someone actually posted something. At least Three word story and Vending Machine were in Off-Topic. :augh:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Problem solved, just for you!
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

Zerovirus wrote:29. When you, after having spent a few weeks without access to Wesnoth or spriting programs on a vacation to China, dream that Shadowmaster (who looks like a combination of the Slender Man and Cthulhu) meets you in a noneuclidian bathroom covered in blood and bans you for not spriting enough.

My subconscious is very strange. I think Dave was involved in that dream too, but I forgot how.
You dreamt you were with shadowmaster in a bathroom?
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
Captain_Wrathbow

Why do you do that? :| I mean really, it's so unnecessary...
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

PeterPorty wrote:
Zerovirus wrote:29. When you, after having spent a few weeks without access to Wesnoth or spriting programs on a vacation to China, dream that Shadowmaster (who looks like a combination of the Slender Man and Cthulhu) meets you in a noneuclidian bathroom covered in blood and bans you for not spriting enough.

My subconscious is very strange. I think Dave was involved in that dream too, but I forgot how.
You dreamt you were with shadowmaster in a bathroom?
I dreamed I was here. That's the closest I could find to describe the setting. There's an obvious difference between normal bathrooms and this, isn't there?. I think it's still technically a bathroom though. And SM manifested as a lovecraftian entity. Strange, isn't it?
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

35....thinking about which Loyalist line you want to become at military service-Spearman, Bowman, HI...
36....figuring you have to chose the Sergeant line because they have to promote you to Marshall at the start of the first scenario because of your incredible experience and leadership.
37....promoted to Marshall at the start of the first scenario because of your incredible experience and leadership.
38....able to create something such monumental as IFTU or Era of Magic within a single day out of boredom that has not a single bug or balance issue.
39....the only one who can play your incredible campaign with the easiest difficulty, but for you it is too easy even with the hardest option.
40....always trying to save 25 Gold each turn(for you cannot choose 0 Gold at the beginning of a Mp match).
Last edited by Drakefriend on March 28th, 2013, 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

elvish_sovereign wrote:7. When talking about historical battles, you begin to refer to the 'number of soldiers' as the 'number of units'.
Done that several times. Also talk about the "unit description" and "portrait" when discussing pre-packaged food, and refer to someone's ability to run interference, distract or stop things as their ZoC.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

32....thinking you will learn pyrokinesis if you study physics.
33....trying to study "Magic" at your university.
34....calling your physics teacher "Great", "Arch" or "Silver Mage".
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Araja

Post by Araja »

35. You remember the original thread, as well as the fact it reached 70-something pages before being locked by a shadow hammer.
Captain_Wrathbow

Araja wrote:35. You remember the original thread, as well as the fact it reached 70-something pages before being locked by a shadow hammer.
I wrote:6. When you remember the old thread of this....
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

36....using a campaign dying message from Wesnoth for your last words.
37....never sleeping.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

38....knowing every topic and member of this forum by heart.
39....writing in green without getting complains(especially not from the threads you used the color...)
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

elvish_sovereign wrote:22. You've read and studied the Posting Guidelines carefully and have sworn for life not to double or triple post and use the edit button.
:wink:

40. When you visit the cemetery, you always bring a shiny bottle of water with you.
41. When walking through New York City, you wonder, since when did villages get so advanced?
42. When you wonder what kind of idiotic map-maker drew New York City with so many villages. You never walk there again because it is so unbalanced.