Thread of the N3T clan

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish Vanquisher

Post by Elvish Vanquisher »

Year i am still current it is just that it is hard to get on internet at the moment at home but will be on soon and i spend more time looking at the forums and making thought through desicions so i am still here and will soon be back on multiplayer most likely around 8 am GMT ish if any on wants to check.

EDIT : Training, when does that start and what does it entail and who is training me.
Elvish Vanquisher

For some reason the server will not allow my username to be Elvish Vanquisher n3t so from now on my username on MP will be :

EV n3t

EDIT : the server will not allow this so i am now

ElvishVn3t
Last edited by Elvish Vanquisher on July 31st, 2007, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

As I have been noted by Sapient, my job is training. This means that I can try to help you get better in playing 1v1's and 2v2's.

I am going to set up a group of times where you can play games with myself, and other members, (if they show up) to improve our gameplay. (Note it will be on the 1.2 server.)

I will edit this post off and on to accomidate for new times. Note that I have schooling and other events coming up in my future. So sooner is better.

Wednesday, August 1st - Monday, August 6th

I will be open on these days for most of my afternoon and evening. The general time period you can see me is from 16:00 GMT - 18:00 GMT, and from 19:00 GMT - 22:00 GMT. You might see me on later around 1:00 GMT - 3:00 GMT, however the main focus is not on training other members.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Firense

Post by Firense »

Are there any requirements to join the n3t clan?
Myself, I used to play 1v1v1 a lot, but everytime I thought, hey, i might win this, both teams only focussed on me, so Im interested in your point of view.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

As far as I know, Firense, Just state your MP name here, as you've already stated why you dislike 3-team games.

(I, from reading your post, don't think you're a "Oh, clans are cool!" person. You're all good.)

After doing such, Baufo can add you to the list. (Atleast for myself, it's easier to recognize a n3t member if the have the _n3t tag on the end of their mp name. This is optional.)

On the side, I have noticed a lack of participation in the training times I've set up. I am curious of why... Other than that, we should crank down on old members. Not that we want to kick them out, but if they don't post here, I think it's generally safe to assume they aren't current, or atleast not reading the thread, and not up to date. Baufo, mind posting a current list right here? That would help.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Firense

Post by Firense »

Ok, my multiplayer name is Firense too ;)
Elvish Vanquisher

sorry i can't make trianing it is at a bad time for me and i am away next week so i won't be posting but i am still active.
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

Dacyn wrote:
Becephalus wrote:But life isn't fair either.
this is probably the most annoying defense of FFA... it is riidiculous. In real life, people are aligned with each other. Having enemies is an abnormal situation. Also, in real life the objective[3] is different. You're trying to help as many people as possible, rather than kill them... Most importantly, God rules over the world, while he does not care as much what happens in Wesnoth...
OMG, Dacyn, what world do you live in? Checked the news lately?

For my opinion, as stated before, 3T-matches have their own skills needed. "Diplomacy", as however you may pronounce it, is a major part of it as it is in life also. And I totally disagree on the idea that the game decides what is a good game. It's always the human players who make the rules for that, not the machine.

Btw: I think the idea of creating clans just for people who like/dislike a certain setting of the game is ridiculous. Just don't join games that are using settings you don't like, or create your own ones. But a clan has something of a sportsmanship to me that I am actually missing mostly in this thread. The only hint in that direction were the training lessons by F8 Binds.

- Someone who sticks to his freedom to play whatever he wants, whenever he wants to.
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Thanatos wrote:OMG, Dacyn, what world do you live in?

Checked the news lately?
Checked the date of posting lately?

He said that about a year and a half ago.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

I did check and it doesn't bother me at all. What I wanted to say is still valid.
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Judging by his avatar, I'd say he's a necromancer or lich of some kind... apparently has the manners of one too. Baufo, please add him to our Official Enemies List.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

One who has obviously the manners of a tyrant should not jugde manners of others. But feel free to do with your silly list whatever you want to. :roll:
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Thanatos wrote:One who has obviously the manners of a tyrant should not jugde manners of others. But feel free to do with your silly list whatever you want to. :roll:
I was wrong... he's not a Lich, just a persistant Troll.
Oh, if you want to see me act like a tyrant that can be arranged. ;)
I prefer to be friendly though.

Suggestion: start your own clan thread or stop trolling in ours. Thanks.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Sorry for the long time I took to response, I probably forgot to mention that I was gone the last two weeks (and will be gone for another two weeks at the end of this week).

Elvish Vanquisher, thanks for showing up. Since the ides of August are as far as I know on the 13th, I think it is save to remove everyone else whom I previously set on trial state.

Firense, thanks for your interest in the n3t clan. I will add you to the roaster.
(Btw, where does your name originate? I think I remember it from a place which I do not remember :wink:)

Thanatos, fear the wrath of the n3t clan :twisted:

F8 Binds, the current roaster is on the first page of this thread.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Elvish Vanquisher

Can we have two trainers ( no offence f8) but f8 lives the other side of the worlds to me so his good times to train are like 6pm onwards in my time when i can never get to the computer so can we have a trainer from Europe. Where is our enemies list. Also not been here for last two weeks and going away for another week next week.