Ranger vs Marksman

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which do you prefer? Ranger or Marksman?

Ranger!
44%
Marksman!
22%
I like having them both
34%

Total votes: 41

fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Agree with turin, IMHO no need for more 4th level units ... 4th level should be exceptional ones.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

and third level units do not need to be led. they are powerful enough already.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Icekiss

Post by Icekiss »

I think it would be cool if a fourth level Konrad (switched free after the elven council :roll: ) could lead my 3. level units. You would have exactly one Unit that can lead your elite troops (well, except archmages, which can't be lead) and give the decisive edge in the battle - just like an army leader should do. But I am against a regular unit that can lead 3. level - to powerfull (I think) and it would kill the other idea...
By the way (original thread topic): I use avengers only. So all my regular fighting troops can act as melee or as ranged fighters - extremely felxible and often the double number of attackers (and for less EXP even :D ). Fighters are only advanced for the occacional captain to lead 2. level troops. So all my spare exp can go to level archmages and shydes (ok, and paladins 8) ). I'm still playing around with the white mages for a bit to see whether the mage of light could be usefull - for weakening enemies. Trouble is that the rebels have hardly any lawfull troops (white mages, paladins and konrad - but that's it), so it doesn't make much sense to have a mage of light as supporting unit in the second line instead of a shyde (which is WAY cheaper and much faster).[/b]