Need Quick answer

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kharn

Need Quick answer

Post by Kharn »

I have a level 2 unit that has the option to level into a level 3 unit and a level 5 unit (fighter vs leader)

Instead of giveing the option to pick advancement it auto chooses the level 3.
I figure this is because you have some coding that stop level skipping. I wonder why?

But more importantly,

Can you list the possible solutions to getting a level 2 unit I made to also be able to advance to a level 5 unit I made?
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

If your unit levels up during the opponent's turn, then the advancement path is selected randomly (no menu is displayed). Maybe this is what happened...

(The reason for such solution is that the player should not interact with program outside of his/her turn, because that would complicate the multiplayer mechanism.)
Kharn

Post by Kharn »

I think you are right.

My comfirmation came yesterday when i finally made one that leveled.
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.