Enemies not acting at all

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pi-c

Enemies not acting at all

Post by pi-c »

Hi,

I noticed this kind of behavior several version ago in the level where you had to pass the dwarfs for the first time.
Now I'm playing the undead campaign (level mages and elves) and it happens again: the level starts, everybody has their say, I recruit my units, end turn -- and the mage goes to the next village while the elf does nothing. Played that yesterday for a while until I got to the elf (who hired no units at all but complained to the lone mage that I killed him and he'd had to get on on his own -- which he didn't have to, because I stopped playing at that point).
What could be done about such behavior? I really like the game, but getting stuck in such places is not really motivating...
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Hi pi-c,

Thanks for the bug report.

I found where the bug was in the 'Mages and Elves' scenario, and have fixed it. The fix will be available in the next version.

If you want to fix your version immediately, you can edit the file data/scenarios/Mages_and_Elves.cfg and go to around line 76, you will find some text that looks like this:

Code: Select all

#ifdef HARD
        recruit= Elvish Hero,Elvish Ranger,Elvish Captain,Elvish Outrider,Gryphon Rider,Elvish Scout,Elvish Druid

#ifdef NORMAL
        recruit= Elvish Hero,Elvish Fighter,Gryphon Rider,Elvish Archer,Thief,Elvish Scout,Elvish Shaman
#endif
change it to look like this:

Code: Select all

#ifdef HARD
        recruit= Elvish Hero,Elvish Ranger,Elvish Captain,Elvish Outrider,Gryphon Rider,Elvish Scout,Elvish Druid
#endif

#ifdef NORMAL
        recruit= Elvish Hero,Elvish Fighter,Gryphon Rider,Elvish Archer,Thief,Elvish Scout,Elvish Shaman
#endif
i.e. you need to add a '#endif' in a line above the #ifdef NORMAL

In a previous version of the game, in 'Mountain Pass', the northern enemy leader didn't recruit units until you reached a certain point in the scenario, however this has been changed now.

Thanks for the bug report, and sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any further problems with the game, so we can fix them!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
pi-c

Post by pi-c »

Thanks a lot! Just changed the line and at least the elf started recruiting while the mage still just moved about idly. Turns out the #endif is missing in his block too (after line 44):
#ifdef HARD
recruit= Great Mage,Arch Mage,Red Mage,White Mage,Paladin

#ifdef NORMAL
recruit= Arch Mage,Red Mage,White Mage,Mage,Knight,Heavy Infantry
#endif

Played this scenario yesterday, it's working great. Keep up the good work!

pi-c