Awesome vs. AI game

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glowing Fish

Awesome vs. AI game

Post by Glowing Fish »

Recently, I was playing a team game with an AI ally using the "River Road Map". My ally was Loyalist, I was Rebels, and my enemies were Northerners and Undead. About in the middle of the game, I stupidly sent my leader, an Elven Marshall, down to the water to take on some Nagas, They killed him, and I had 5 units left over: a Wose, an Elder Wose, an Elvish Rider, a Merman Hunter, and a Ranger. The southern player, the Undead, had more villages and were winning against the Loyalists.

What followed was about twenty turns of me trying to hold off both enemies while my allies did the stupid AI thing they like to do. I used one of my Wose's and my Merman to stop the Orcs from crossing the river, and sent my Rider down south to grab villages from the Undead. He dodged from one village to another, evading the Undead units. The Elven Ranger and Wose also went south to fight the undead.
After several turns, I had actually managed to take enough villages to stop the Undead's reinforcement. The humans eventually managed to get their troops together and make a decent attack. The Eastern Enemy, the Orcs, then also eventually fell.

What was awesome about this is with so little troops, I had to really think about every move. It gave me a great challenge that large, symetrical maps with lots of villages and reinforcements just can't do for me.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
elscouta

Post by elscouta »

It could be an idea of a scenario: You have a limited number of units, a weak AI ally (with leader), and you must screw enough your opponent AI to allow your ally to win.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I have an idea. The AI enemy controls 20 Dragons, but you have three AI allies who recruit tons of Peasants. You control five Strong,Resilient Paladins and have to make sure that all the Dragons die.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
szopen

Post by szopen »

Well. you know, 19oracle scenario in my campaign you have 12 veterans (unless some of them died in previous scenario) and can recruit only peasants, while having Ai ally and trying to repell four enemies. Would that pass? ;)
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Re: Awesome vs. AI game

Post by Rhuvaen »

Glowing Fish wrote:Recently, I was playing a team game with an AI ally using the "River Road Map".
Remind me, which campaign is this map from?
Elvish_Pillager

TRoW. It's the other choice than the Midlands.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Elvish Pillager wrote:TRoW. It's the other choice than the Midlands.
It's the more interesting map, IMHO. You fight an interesting assortment of enemies (ghosts, scorpions, theives), and the map is nicely asymetrical. Its harder, but there is some bonus gold and that free White Mage to consider.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Elvish_Pillager

It's also a great place to level up Mages, since the Scorpions take double damage from Fire.