Wesnoth 0.6.99.2 released

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Speaking of "where did I find wesnoth", I found it on macgamefiles.com a great mac games repository (I don't mean to gush, but I was so surprised by how good it was, most random shareware games you try are terrible). I see no one has uploaded a version since 0.6.1, so maybe I should upload 0.6.2, or perhaps I should wait until 0.7 is released? It has been downloaded 2,103 times off that site, and has positive reviews dating all the way back from 0.4.8.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

quartex wrote:Speaking of "where did I find wesnoth", I found it on macgamefiles.com a great mac games repository (I don't mean to gush, but I was so surprised by how good it was, most random shareware games you try are terrible). I see no one has uploaded a version since 0.6.1, so maybe I should upload 0.6.2, or perhaps I should wait until 0.7 is released? It has been downloaded 2,103 times off that site, and has positive reviews dating all the way back from 0.4.8.
We can't give you a time frame for 0.7, so perhaps you'd just like to go ahead and upload 0.6.99.2 :)

Although it does have the white-hp-bar bug :(

Certainly, updating it at some point would be appreciated!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

I figured 0.6.2 was the last stable (bug-free) update. New players often don't like versions that might have bugs. If they like the game enough, they'll find the website and can download the newest update. But I'll take your advice and update macgamefiles.com with 0.6.2 when I get a chance.
miyo

Post by miyo »

There is no 0.6.2. Check "Releases" section at http://freshmeat.net/projects/wesnoth/? ... opic_id=83

- Miyo
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Macgamefiles feeds off versiontracker, so when versiontracker is updated, it will be too.

If 0.7 is still a little way off, then it might well be worth adding the CVS version once the hitpoint issue is sorted. (I'm compiling the current CVS as I write.)

Publicising an update with a very visible bug can definitely do more harm than good to the reputation in the Mac community, so I'd advise hanging fire for 24hrs :-)
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Well, the CVS compiled without the hitpoint bug, I've notified Dave and hopefully it should be up soon, then I'll update VersionTracker :D
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

"There is no 0.6.2."

Whoops my mistake, then perhaps I'll go with 0.6.99.3 when the hitpoints at night bug is fixed.