Wesnoth royalty (WARNING: Heir to the Throne Spoilers!)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Casual User

Wesnoth royalty (WARNING: Heir to the Throne Spoilers!)

Post by Casual User »

Good morning!

I just noticed something. Konrad is king Garard's nephew. Lisa'r is old enough to command an army, so probably was born back when King Garard was alive, thus making her King Garard's daughter, thus making her Konrad's first degree cousin...

At the end of Heir to the Throne, we are told Konrad and Lisa'r get married and have three kids.

My question is : how many toes do those kids have, not to mention are they bald, [censored], have any trisomias, etc... ?

P.S. Feel free to move this to Off-topic.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

This is answered at the end of Heir to the Throne, right before the last scenario, when Delfador 'reveals all'. I won't spoil it, though.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

But this is still incest! He does have a point.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

MadMax wrote:But this is still incest! He does have a point.
No he doesn't. Túrin is correct.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

*Sigh*

SPOILERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Konrad is not really the Prince that Delfador saved, because Delfador didn't save the prince. He didn't get there in time. Konrad in HttT is a kid Parandra found in a field that Delfador switched with the dead prince and brought up to believe he was the prince. Thus, Li'sar and Konrad are not actually related!
End spoilers.

Happy now?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Spoiler warning
uhm not last I checked (5 minutes ago). But you have to pay close attention to what good old Delf says at the beginning of the Battle For Wesnoth scenario. If you want to find out without playing it, look at the [story] tag in data/scenarios/Heir_To_The_Throne/Battle_for_Wesnoth.cfg
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Note that at the Elvish Council, Konrad specifically claims he is NOT attracted to Li'sar, because at this stage he believes she is his cousin.
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

Sorry about that! I didn't read all of Delfador's messages at the beginning of 'Battle for Wesnoth'.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Genetically it is not considered problematic to - umm - have "incest" with your cousin AFAIK. I think generally there's a social stigma, although in rural medieval societies it must have been possible for cousins to marry (simply because in a small population, a large number of specimen of the opposite sex would have been of your family).
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

I'd say the genetical problems aren't that huge unless it's done rather often. The chances to combine bad genes are higher then for a random partner but much less so compared to incest with a direct relative.
scott

Post by scott »

Rhuvaen wrote:Genetically it is not considered problematic to - umm - have "incest" with your cousin AFAIK.
I think that's only true if a certain number of non-cousin breeding generations have passed since the last cousin pairing. That is, it's ok once but not many times in a row.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

It's all about genetics. If two partners, blood related or not, are healthy and without genetic conditions, their offspring should be healthy, expect in the small chance of drastic mutation.

So if your family has a history of diabetes, for example, inbreeding has more possibilities of producing a diabetic child. If there are no such conditions, the child would be healthy.

Now to tell your child his/her mother/father by definition it's also his/her uncle...
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Elvish_Pillager

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Now to tell your child his/her mother/father by definition it's also his/her uncle...
That's actually possible without incest. You have people A, B, C, and D. A is the child of B and C. B and C are divorced, and B and D are married. C and D are siblings. B is both the mother/father and aunt/uncle of A. :twisted:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Now explain to A the fact that B is also related to C and D. And why the rest of the alphabet gives him weird looks and aren't very talkative about their family.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Elvish_Pillager

Cuyo Quiz wrote:Now explain to A the fact that B is also related to C and D.
B isn't really, being merely the spouse of C, ex-spouse of D, and brother/sister-in-law of C and D. There are no other relations between B, and C and D.