Poisoning in 0.6.99

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Integral

Poisoning in 0.6.99

Post by Integral »

I thought that units would be healed of poison if they started the turn on a town or next to a unit with the "cures" (or whichever one White Mages have) ability. However, this doesn't seem to be the case in 0.6.99 -- units sometimes get healed but sometimes don't, and I can't figure out the pattern. Do I misunderstand how poison works, or is there a bug?

I've attached a replay that includes several units being poisoned, going to villages, and not being cured (often for several turns!).

Daniel
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Cure only "delays" the poison damage, a poisoned unit doesnt receive damaga this turn but the poison flag is not removed. To really heal a poisoned unit you need the "Heal" skill or a village.
EDIT: Dont read this post, it's of errors.. just read the Dave's one below.
Last edited by fmunoz on January 30th, 2004, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

The intended behavior of poisoning is:

- it is removed by units with the 'cure' ability
- is is removed by the unit beginning its turn on a villlage
- its damage is slowed, but it is not removed by units with the 'heals' ability

However there was indeed a bug where units with near-maximum hp would simply receive no damage, but not be cured of poison, when on a village.

I have fixed this bug, and also added a feature where poisoned units are displayed with a green hue.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

I just observed the same bug. One of my archer was slightly wounded but poisoned and remained poisoned for several round while being in the village. Then I checked back your post and I voluntary let the unit out to be more wounded by the poison. Then it got healed immediately when returning to the village. It was on the version 0.6.9.9 for Mac OSX.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!