Is it possible to keep over a saved game?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Insinuator

Is it possible to keep over a saved game?

Post by Insinuator »

I hope you don't mind if I started a new topic, but I couldn't find where this might fit. I was wondering if you can transfer files over from one version to another. For example, I moved all my saves from v. 0.6.1 over to the saves for 0.6.2. I then loaded the last scenario for 0.6.1, the undead swamps or something like that. It gave me the message that it was from a different version, did I wish to continue. I said yes.

I had originally tried loading at a point where the scenario was almost complete, but that failed. It said file was corrupt. Then I loaded from the beggining of the scenario. That worked ok. It kept all the features of 0.6.2, but when I beat it again(nice scenario for building experience), the same thing as 0.6.1 happened, there are no more playable levels.

I should check the the changelog for additional scenarios, but is there any way to load a scenario in progress? And will there ever be any more scenarios for the main campaign? Or did my loading from a previous version just mess everything up?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Basically you will find that saves 'sometimes' work, and sometimes don't.

Relatively recently there has been a change that will make saves work far more than they used to.

Also note that if there are major changes to the campaign, some saves might simply 'not make sense'. E.g. recently it was made so Li'sar doesn't join you until much later. If you load a save where you got Li'sar in the earlier version, you could have two copies of Li'sar running around!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming