How to see range that unit can move with full energy

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

l1onsun

How to see range that unit can move with full energy

Post by l1onsun »

Is there any possibility to look how far unit can move if it had full energy (and without the influence of zones of controle)?

I often need this feature in two cases:
1. Enemy unit explore my territory and i want to know how much had he seen. Okay, on my turn i can use ctrl+b to understand what my opponent see in current. But on his turn he could return unit back to position after exploring. The only way i found to solve the problem is to remember unit's possition and then calculate what vision he had "by hand".
2. I want to plan my next turn. For example i want attack enemy's vilage next turn and i need to check: Are my units able to reach it next turn or i need move them closer.

Sorry for my bad English)
lhybrideur

Re: How to see range that unit can move with full energy

Post by lhybrideur »

For the second one, you can plan the movement as many turns ahead as you want, so you should be able to see how many turns you need to go to the village (number written on the tile). It does care about ZoC though.
l1onsun

Post by l1onsun »

Thanks for advice.
But it is sad that there is no solution for the first point(
Crixomix

Post by Crixomix »

Yeah. Oftentimes I have to "math it out" individually by selecting my unit, clicking as if to move, and then mousing over tiles to see their movement point cost in the right-hand info bar at the top.

I wish there was a way to have a hotkey that would show you a units "full move range" from where they're currently standing IF they had full MP.

Example: I move a unit 4 spaces (to stay out of enemies attack range), but it has 6MP. So there's two remaining MP, and when I select the unit, it only shows me the places it can move with 2MP. But I want to know where all it can move NEXT turn when it has 6MP again, but I can't do that. And I cant even do the thing where you move and it shows you how many turns it takes to get somewhere, as that would be if I used the remaining two MP this turn
fire-emblem

a visual indicator/outline showing the largest extent an opponent has seen would be a good feature

Post by fire-emblem »

yes

a visual indicator/outline showing the largest extent an opponent has seen would be a good feature

actually anything that automates any of the trivial things that involves hex counting would make the game overall better, such a pain