(Missing) Campaigns in version 1.14x

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Klaynh

(Missing) Campaigns in version 1.14x

Post by Klaynh »

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Forum and game and i have a quick question. I already tried to search for this topic in the search field at the upper right corner but i didn`t find anything regarding this matter.

My question is related to all the campaigns not downloadable right now in version 1.14x. I read in other topic posts that there are some good multiplayer campaigns or scenarios (like Betrayel of Thaeylan) which should be played with firends. But i can`t find them on the add-on server. Is it possible to download them into the version 1.14x? Or do i have to download an older version to actually play it?

Also i read somewhere that with 1.14 multiplayer campaign have some kind of Data continuation which saves your campaign data. is that true, or do older versions also have this option (or did i just read something wrong and it is all garbage anyway :lol: ).

Thanks for the answers lads!

Klaynh
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: (Missing) Campaigns in version 1.14x

Post by josteph »

Welcome!

Betrayal of Thaeylan is available on the 1.12 add-ons server. You can download it with Wesnoth 1.12 or from https://addons.wesnoth.org/1.12/. You could try downloading that into the 1.14 add-ons folder; that might work, but it's possible you'll get some warnings or errors too. The safe bet is to install Wesnoth 1.12 and play the campaign in that.

There should be a list of incompatible WML changes somewhere on the wiki but I can't find it right now :(
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It sounds like you are talking about autosaves for MP. And yes, they've always existed. So if you mess up (,and you didn't delete the previous saves/let them be deleted by some setting), you can reload the game.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

There's "persistent data" which can be used by any campaign, and is used by Legend of Wesmere. In multiplayer LoW can be started from any of the five chapters, and if the previous chapter was completed (in MP) on the host's PC then the recall lists persist. It's not a new feature, it's been in LoW since the second and third chapters were ported to multiplayer.