is there a cap on the recall list? as in maximum number of units?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dada216

is there a cap on the recall list? as in maximum number of units?

Post by dada216 »

First of all, thanks to the community and the developers, I've had years and years of fun with this game, BfW is definitely my fav game of all time, I started playing at 14 while I was learning IT and was doing the first step in the linux world, BfW was available in the linux repos since forever and I found it there, fell in love immediately, I used to play lots of games when I was a teenager and I grew out of it as I became an adult, I'm in my 30s now and every now and then I still come back to BfW and no other game, thank you all!

recently I've been playing again and a doubt creeped in, is there a limit on the maximum number of units that make it to the recall list?
See my style of playing is I love to grow units and as soon as thei reach max level I rarely recruit them back, just a couple of max level unit specific to the scenario usually and the rest unit I'm still maxing out or new units and cannon fodder.

I've played the rise of wesnoth for example and i had a huge amount of mermaids and plenty of other units, like 30 or so all in all, I then realized I needed some units I had forgotten to advance (red mage to silver mage) and later in the campaign I specifically leveled a couple during a scenario, the next scenario they were not in my recall list! So is there a limit on the number of units that make it to the recall list at the end of a scenario?

On a sidenote I've now been having a lot of fun with the hardest possible campaings, I'm playing the founding of Borstep and I'm loving it, anything really really challenging you can suggest?
EarthCake

Re: is there a cap on the recall list? as in maximum number of units?

Post by EarthCake »

No, there is no cap on the recall list. You can have an infinite number of units in the recall list.

I would suggest these campaigns: Legend of the Invincibles, Captured by a Nightmare, The Garardine Ascendancy.
sergey

Re: is there a cap on the recall list? as in maximum number of units?

Post by sergey »

dada216 wrote: June 1st, 2019, 11:34 am On a sidenote I've now been having a lot of fun with the hardest possible campaings, I'm playing the founding of Borstep and I'm loving it, anything really really challenging you can suggest?
Welcome to the forums! I heard that "Count Kromire", "War of the Dragon" by Velensk (and probably other his campaigns) are challenging and require a very high level of player skills. I tried "Count Kromire" several years ago and it was too hard for me. It is a difficult task to create an expert level campaign, it requires the campaign creator to be an expert player. Otherwise the campaign would be imbalanced. As I understand those campaigns are well balanced and very hard.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.