Thank you

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

loveisourhope

Thank you

Post by loveisourhope »

I just want to say thank you to the developers for making a free, open source, highly customizable creative platform. I know maybe you guys can't see it, but it is truly a blessing in more ways than almost any other game available. Just because it isn't extremely popular doesn't mean its not awesome. I wish popular games would follow this model of free design, creativity, and user based evolution and development. Truly guys, thanks and ya'll did/are doing a great job. <3 Don't ever sell out!!!!!
enclave

Re: Thank you

Post by enclave »

I feel the same so joining to say: Thank you!
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Same. +1.
Byron

Post by Byron »

I agree with the above sentiments as well. I play this game more than the ones I have purchased. I think this game represents the idea of "open source" beautifully. I also like the fact that this is the world's game with people all over the world coming together without pay to create something wonderful.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

> I play this game more than the ones I have purchased

I think this is only one part of the larger issue (payment/monetization).

The other part is that ... if you look at the games that are available today, most of them are about
some 3D element - ego shooters, or even this game where you are mostly exploring the oceans
and crafting things. It's a lot about 3D.

Oldschool game variants such as turn based strategy games, won't be created by the big companies;
perhaps some Indie studies but mostly it's not in the interest of the big companies, since they want
to reap in a lot of money for their investment. So in some ways wesnoth keeps an old genre alive.

Perhaps the underlying engine may be used to re-create other old games; many of them were turn-based
or had a strong turn-based element. And if you look at many add-ons, they also incorporate new elements
or different elements, such as RPG-style elements, inventory systems and so forth. It would be nice to
see this be expanded - perhaps not for the main wesnoth game, but for building a platform of addons.
enclave

Post by enclave »

yeah, i love wesnoth for allowing me to recreate almost any other game here... and for some types of games wesnoth has some extra to offer.. they might play better in wesnoth luck/terrain world.
pity that it takes time :D but its possible!
ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

I completely agree. Thanks for coming up with the courage to write this.
I am a ranger and my WML knives will implant themselves in your back.

Creator of the abandoned campaign Royalties Forgotten and the work in progress campaign Purger of Evil.
Maintainer of Fate of a Princess.
Chinaski

Post by Chinaski »

Maybe start a GoFundMe where we can donate? Or perhaps a little subscription? Not a pay to play but just something that can help the developers/creators out a bit.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

You have Liberapay for this. See topic.