cant login on android but ok on ubuntu

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SatHyre

cant login on android but ok on ubuntu

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
i cant login in the lobby with my smartphone using android. it gives the message "the nickname SatHyre contains invalid characters. Only alpha-numeric characters (one at minimum), underscores and hyphens are allowed".
surprisingly, i can login with PC using Ubuntu.
ok, the problem is with android that i should post on the android topic but i post first here to see if it's not a server or my wesnoth's parameters issue.
note that i have logged yesterday.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: cant login on android but ok on ubuntu

Post by Ravana »

I have noticed that people using android often insert \n after their messages.
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

SatHyre wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 4:08 pm hello,
i cant login in the lobby with my smartphone using android. it gives the message "the nickname SatHyre contains invalid characters. Only alpha-numeric characters (one at minimum), underscores and hyphens are allowed".
ok, the problem is with android that i should post on the android topic but i post first here to see if it's not a server or my wesnoth's parameters issue.
Try pressing space bar then backspace, then type your details and log in, I noticed that their is a bug on android where the first typed letter is not recognized.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

RolfDhew wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 5:35 pm
SatHyre wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 4:08 pm hello,
Try pressing space bar then backspace, then type your details and log in, I noticed that their is a bug on android where the first typed letter is not recognized.
tried that, doesnt work.

yes, the first letter doenst appear when you talk in game, i'm used to typing twice the first letter. this bug doesnt affect label and messages in lobby.

this issue appears when i change the login : my son played and wrote his name to play a single player. then i changed to my login and cant connect.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Hello,
I create a login sathyre2 and the same message appears.

Edit : when I create the login, I see the message your login must be alpha-numeric. As many new logins are just alphabetic, how did they do? Or this criteria alpha-numeric has set recently?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Alpha-numeric means that usernames can only have alphabetic or numeric characters, not that they must have both.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Hello,
I solved my problem by reinstalling wesnoth.