User Interface suggestion - please display the name of the campaign somewhere in the interface

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shevegen

User Interface suggestion - please display the name of the campaign somewhere in the interface

Post by shevegen »

I am currently playing an interesting add-on; it had the biggest download size and a long story,
with different mechanics ... etc.. something like arabian knights, with flying carpet summoners
and lots of stuff.

Right now I don't remember the name, and I wanted to give feedback about it - but I have
no idea what name this campaign has. So this prompted me to write this here:

- Please add some way where we, as users/players, see the current NAME of the campaign.

I don't mind where this is placed but I will give a few suggestions that may make sense -
perhaps one is applicable or all of them:

(1) In "scenario objectives" link, show the name of the campaign perhaps on top or on the
side. (Can also appear as a hoverable-tooltip; I don't mind.)

(2) In "menu", add a new entry called "About" which may show more info about the
campaign. This could also be put on the right hand side on the menu bar instead.

I think ultimately WHERE it resides, is not so important (to me) - what is more important
is that it is displayed somewhere.

PS: Since the acquisition of github by Microsoft, I feel uncomfortable using "their" issue
tracker, which is why I'll use the webforum preferentially. If anyone feels confident
though, feel free to add issue requests there when appropriate e. g. for managing
trackers. I just don't feel comfortable personally using MS github anymore.
Caladbolg

Re: User Interface suggestion - please display the name of the campaign somewhere in the interface

Post by Caladbolg »

When you go to 'load game' and select a game to load, the name of the campaign should be somewhere on the left panel.
Your campaign is probably 'To Lands Unknown' by inferno8. The link for the feedback thread for it is viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31799&start=885.
In 1.14 versions (maybe also in earlier versions, haven't checked), campaigns in the add-on manager also have a link to their respective feedback threads somewhere in there.