Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alphatwindavid

Re: Wesnoth 1.14 on Android

Post by alphatwindavid »

RolfDhew wrote: August 4th, 2018, 7:38 pm
alphatwindavid wrote: August 4th, 2018, 10:42 am I'm back again.
I fixed the download problem by buying an sdcard.
Now, however, the app crashes as soon as I get past the config stuff and finish or skip the tutorial.
Hi Alep would know best as he is the porter of the android app, what are your specifications? Do you have any crash messages or report?
I tried updating the OS, but it was already up to date.
Version 4.4.2
What specs do you need?
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

alphatwindavid wrote: August 4th, 2018, 11:09 pm I tried updating the OS, but it was already up to date.
Version 4.4.2
What specs do you need?
Hello. Sorry for taking some time to answer (and thanks to RolfDhew for keeping an eye on the thread).
If you know how to get the logcat output of the crash that would help a lot.

Also, the /sdcard/ folder should be available even if you don't have an external SD card... you can check it with a terminal app, but a good guess is that it's the directory that contains the "android/data" folder you mentioned.
ezequielpereira

Post by ezequielpereira »

kayosam wrote: June 28th, 2018, 6:13 pm I installed 1.14.3-50 and when go to main screen on game it has a blue transparent filter. Is there any way to remove it?

Android 8.1.0
fjhoffman wrote: June 29th, 2018, 1:11 am I'm on Android 8.0 (Galaxy S9 Plus) and I'm having the blue filter problem too. Otherwise everything runs fine.
I just had the same problem too on my Samsung S9 (And whenever I take a screenshot the blue overlay doesn't appear on it).
I found that turning off hardware overlays (In the developers options) fixes the issue (Look at attached screenshot, it describes it as "Always use GPU for screen compositing").

I don't know what that setting does since I know nothing about computer graphics, but maybe it can be a hint about what's going on.

I'm just glad that I can play without the blue overlay!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180811-100623_Settings.jpg
alphatwindavid

Post by alphatwindavid »

alep wrote: August 9th, 2018, 5:59 pm
alphatwindavid wrote: August 4th, 2018, 11:09 pm I tried updating the OS, but it was already up to date.
Version 4.4.2
What specs do you need?
Hello. Sorry for taking some time to answer (and thanks to RolfDhew for keeping an eye on the thread).
If you know how to get the logcat output of the crash that would help a lot.

Also, the /sdcard/ folder should be available even if you don't have an external SD card... you can check it with a terminal app, but a good guess is that it's the directory that contains the "android/data" folder you mentioned.
NP!
I am figuing out how to get logcat output. Will post when I have.
darknear

Post by darknear »

Say, is there a way to add custom buttons to the port myself?

Because right now we can use the "end turn", "next unit" and a couple of other buttons, but I would like to have the "recruit" and "recall" on specific buttons as well.
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Post by alep »

darknear wrote: August 13th, 2018, 7:45 am Say, is there a way to add custom buttons to the port myself?

Because right now we can use the "end turn", "next unit" and a couple of other buttons, but I would like to have the "recruit" and "recall" on specific buttons as well.
Hello.
Sorry, but no... new OSK buttons need to be managed inside source code, having an icon defined, etc...
Anyway, I hope I'll find time soon to add recruit and recall buttons in a future release.

Also, I solved the problem of the missing first keystroke on chat, user commands, etc... I will release the fix along with 1.14.4 upgrade ASAP.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I'm also getting an error about invalid characters on multiplayer login screen, using 1.14.4 . No problem on the desktop version.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
updated to 1.14.5. there is no eye in right up corner when someone observes the game.
Retrac

Post by Retrac »

Hi, I am new, here in Wesnoth. I want to play BfW on Android but I`ve got problem with download content. When I start (click on icon BfW) I`ve got statement "error downloading data from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... p/download[/b]". So i can`t dowload.

I`ve got Android 4.2.2. Sony xperia C2105.

I also tried to download first on PC and then on phone but one of the file can not copy (I dont`t remember what name was, but something with "battle")

Someone could help me?

Thanks
Yakyak228

Post by Yakyak228 »

Exact same problem as retract . Error downloading. Tested on 4 différents de vice. Hello pp :(
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

Retrac wrote: January 6th, 2019, 7:19 pm Hi, I am new, here in Wesnoth. I want to play BfW on Android but I`ve got problem with download content. When I start (click on icon BfW) I`ve got statement "error downloading data from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... p/download[/b]". So i can`t dowload.

I`ve got Android 4.2.2. Sony xperia C2105.

I also tried to download first on PC and then on phone but one of the file can not copy (I dont`t remember what name was, but something with "battle")

Someone could help me?

Thanks
Hi
When you download the files on a pc, please try zipping the files then move it to your phone and unzip it into the respective folder. I hope this helps.
Retrac

Post by Retrac »

RolfDhew: thank you but I try move zipping files from PC to phone (without manually unzip because I can not do this) -mission faild
RolfDhew

Post by RolfDhew »

Retrac wrote: January 11th, 2019, 7:29 am RolfDhew: thank you but I try move zipping files from PC to phone (without manually unzip because I can not do this) -mission faild
When you download from your phone, click request desktop version (while you're in the download page at sourceforge), then you should be able to download the file.
Retrac

Post by Retrac »

It looks that the main problem is my phone (it`s time to change it).
--> "software downloads are not possible on this device" <--
But thanks for help :)