Can I turn off some visual effect?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sakura006

Can I turn off some visual effect?

Post by sakura006 »

My laptop is old, but it still run very well for 1.12. Since the release of 1.14, the performance becomes very poor for my laptop. Can I turn off some visual effect like the water effect or something?
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Can I turn off some visual effect?

Post by Iris »

You can find options to disable animated water or even all terrain animations under Preferences → Display.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Fractal

Post by Fractal »

I'm not sure the performance impact for small computer configuration is clear enough for this water animation in the preference menu.
I think it should indicate directly in the description that this could be slow and not only in the tooltip.

Another option would be to create a performance slider (low - medium - high - custom) with various options being automatically activated/deactivated. That way, the user would not need to know that water animation may impact performances.
But it might be a little bit overkill for Wesnoth.
sakura006

Post by sakura006 »

shadowm wrote: May 4th, 2018, 2:59 pm You can find options to disable animated water or even all terrain animations under Preferences → Display.
Thanks