MP late game scenario

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alkair

MP late game scenario

Post by alkair »

I am not that experienced with this game so i want to now what races are more effective in a long term game. And which units specifically.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: MP late game scenario

Post by Pentarctagon »

Depending on how long of a game you're talking about, Ghouls would end up doing very well due to their Feeding ability. The level four advancements of the Mage and Elvish Shaman lines would also be good.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
name

Post by name »

Some general guidelines for a long game:

Both level 0 units and expensive level 1 units are better long term investments as they reduce upkeep costs.

Units with healing, cures or regenerate become more important as the ratio of units to villages taxes your ability to heal the former using the latter. For the same reason, resistances to damage and terrain defense rates become more important than raw hitpoints.

Fast units, stealthy units and units with backstab are worse as maneuvering is constrained by the increased size of opposing lines of defense.
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

I'm far from a multiplayer expert, but I think drakes are pretty good on long games for two reasons:

1) long game probably means large map, and drakes/saurians are pretty maneuverable

2) their units are more expensive, which means more power for the same amount of upkeep
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG