Siege of Elensefar Starting Gold

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fredbobsmith2

Siege of Elensefar Starting Gold

Post by fredbobsmith2 »

Not entirely sure where this topic belongs but...

I've read that the starting gold for Siege of Elensefar, having completed Isle of the Damned, is supposed to be the finishing gold from IotD PLUS the 40% carryover from tBoP PLUS the minimum starting gold. As far as I can tell the gold from tBoP is lost completely, and I only start with the other 2 sources.

Which is okay, but on hard leaves me somewhat crippled on gold for SoE.

Is this how it's supposed to work? Also, which route do other players typically go with? On challenging difficulty anyways.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Siege of Elensefar Starting Gold

Post by Velensk »

I normally go by land just because of the gold.

The amount of gold I get there varies but I aim to have at least 300 gold.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

The carryover gold for SoE is the carryover gold from tBoP; the amount you finish IotD with is lost and irrelevant. Or at least that's what's supposed to happen.

It's true that it seems like going by land would let you get more gold, so maybe you should still get 40% of the finishing gold of IotD on top of the carryover from tBoP, or something like that.
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

Isle of the Damned saves the gold and restores it at the end. The idea being your gold was on your ship, is not available while you're sbipwrecked, and is available again once you are rescued.

Losing the gold from IotD always seemed wrong. But, if we were to let you keep it, then we should deduct the original gold to pay back the loan, add the remainder to your on-ship gold (or subtract the shortfall), and then charge the 40% on the balance. My thinking is many would complain about this, though, since I expect it would usually be a net loss in gold.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.