Ubuntu 16.04 desktop icon size

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

michaelbr

Ubuntu 16.04 desktop icon size

Post by michaelbr »

I'm using small icon for my desktop, after installing Wesnoth for Ubuntu 16.04, the icon is huge, and I can't resize it, is there a way to resize it? How.
Thanks for your comment/suggestion.
Michael
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 desktop icon size

Post by Pentarctagon »

I'm not sure I understand the question, but that sounds like a Ubuntu issue rather than anything Wesnoth controls.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
michaelbr

Post by michaelbr »

Pentarctagon wrote:I'm not sure I understand the question, but that sounds like a Ubuntu issue rather than anything Wesnoth controls.
I don't think it's an Ubuntu issue, in my desktop, I'm using small icons, so when I install apps, the apps' icon showing up on my desktop are small, but after installing Wesnoth, the Wesnoth app icon is big, and there's no way for me to resize it (sometime, depending on the apps, you can resize the apps icon, but not with Wesnoth, so I'm afraid the developer did not make the icon resizeable, I'm not knowledgeable about Linux, so maybe I'm talking nosense).
Michael
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well, I use Mint rather than Ubuntu, I don't know what you mean by "small icons", and the Wesnoth Project isn't actually involved in packaging Wesnoth for any of the distros as far as I know. It might just be that nobody ever knew/felt like supporting small icon mode.

edit - either way, if you're having a graphical problem, screenshots are always helpful.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
michaelbr

Post by michaelbr »

OK, I'll try to get a screenshot and post back here.
Michael
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

If it is only the desktop icon, that is a problem for you, search for the icon-image in your installed game folders, and maybe try to resize it yourself using any image manipulation program (e.g."The Gimp" or any other for Linux). That's what i would do myself.
I like beavers.
michaelbr

Post by michaelbr »

Zap-Zarap wrote:If it is only the desktop icon, that is a problem for you, search for the icon-image in your installed game folders, and maybe try to resize it yourself using any image manipulation program (e.g."The Gimp" or any other for Linux). That's what i would do myself.
Right, I understand that I can resize it manually, but before doing it, I'd like to know if there's a smaller icon hidden somewhere during the installation. Maybe the developer forgot to create a smaller one, in Windows 10, it showed perfectly.
Michael