Forum

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daniel17022002

Forum

Post by Daniel17022002 »

I see the forum has been updated and looks way better! Awesome :D
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Forum

Post by Iris »

Nah, it’s the same as always, excluding the site-wide changes. You just spent too long using the non-default ‘wesnoth’ style which is now disabled.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Deciton_Reven

Post by Deciton_Reven »

Better is pretty subjective. All the colors are bright enough that for someone like me with pretty bad light sensitivity it's hard to be on the forums for very long. That being said, I am actually here to post something positive. For the people that have a hard time with the brightness of the colors, or perhaps want to try to emulate the old dark theme, go get a web page color inverter plug-in for your browser. It will make avatars and other art pretty ugly but for the most part your eyes will thank you. (Plus you can always turn it on or off as needed if you need to see a sprite to C&C it or such)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Deciton_Reven wrote:Better is pretty subjective. All the colors are bright enough that for someone like me with pretty bad light sensitivity it's hard to be on the forums for very long.
You’ll be pleased to know then that I finally found the time this afternoon to port the site-wide changes to the AcidTech style. It’s my intention to try to find a suitable replacement for when it finally bites the dust (it’ll be a little while longer, though, for reasons that actually happen to involve the game itself because yay engineering shortsightedness), but unfortunately I cannot make promises in that regard because of the real possibility that more compelling technical arguments to rush that transition may come up in the meantime.

Having said that, subsilver2/wesnoth are now disabled and everyone who was using them has been automatically switched to the default prosilver variation.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Deciton_Reven

Post by Deciton_Reven »

Oh, on behalf of people with light sensitivity, and myself personally, thanks! I don't know what you'd specifically want/need in a replacement theme, nor can I help with that problem, probably, but good luck!