LotI campaign question (non-technical)

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

seangregorycarroll

LotI campaign question (non-technical)

Post by seangregorycarroll »

So, I just became a lich... Is this what I will be playing for remainder of campaign or is there an option somewhere to return to normal?
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
The_Gnat

Re: LotI campaign question (non-technical)

Post by The_Gnat »

seangregorycarroll wrote:So, I just became a lich... Is this what I will be playing for remainder of campaign or is there an option somewhere to return to normal?
:lol: Unfortunately for you... No. ;)

I assume you are playing a undead team, in which case the point is to become a lich so you can live forever. If you are playing certain campaigns they do not give you the option, but if you just advance you should instead choose a necromancer which is not a skeleton. Unfortunately becoming a lich is irreversible.

However if you would like i can write you some code that allows you to change back and forth by right clicking on your lich :D
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

:whistle: Actually ...
Spoiler:
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

The_Gnat wrote:
seangregorycarroll wrote:So, I just became a lich... Is this what I will be playing for remainder of campaign or is there an option somewhere to return to normal?
:lol: Unfortunately for you... No. ;)

I assume you are playing a undead team, in which case the point is to become a lich so you can live forever. If you are playing certain campaigns they do not give you the option, but if you just advance you should instead choose a necromancer which is not a skeleton. Unfortunately becoming a lich is irreversible.

However if you would like i can write you some code that allows you to change back and forth by right clicking on your lich :D
Also, while it's great to be helpful, it's also probably not a good idea to be making changes like this on top of an add-on as complex as LotI. The chance of accidentally causing bugs later on by missing adjusting some variable somewhere seems not-insignificant.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Pentarctagon wrote:Also, while it's great to be helpful, it's also probably not a good idea to be making changes like this on top of an add-on as complex as LotI. The chance of accidentally causing bugs later on by missing adjusting some variable somewhere seems not-insignificant.
;) Very true, with another campaign (like Decent into Darkness) i think a un-lich modification would work well but with LotI it is likely that it would conflict with one (or maybe a dozen) of the other events in the game causing errors. (thanks pentactagon) :D
seangregorycarroll

Post by seangregorycarroll »

Thanks guys :D
The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles -Gandhi
Giant_Hogweed

Post by Giant_Hogweed »

Hello everybody! I'm playing the second part of the legend of the invicible and I'm arrived in inferno, I've just killed lilith in the foul pits and already accessed Pandemonium, but I dont know how to go on, I have three questions:
1) How can I get to the verminous sewers to kill abaddon?
2) When I'm in Pandemonium I see upword in the middle an entrance without a name, but I cannot get in, is it possible toreach it from another place?
3) Is it possible to kill the Uria avatar in pandemonium? How?

Thank you very much for you help!

Best Regards

Giant Hogweed
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hello Giant_Hogweed, welcome.
Giant_Hogweed wrote:1) How can I get to the verminous sewers to kill abaddon?
The map is random and shifting in Pandemonium, so you need luck or persistence to find it. I believe I have killed that freak everytime I was there, but I'm sure I didn't find and clean visit every place there.
Giant_Hogweed wrote:2) When I'm in Pandemonium I see upword in the middle an entrance without a name, but I cannot get in, is it possible toreach it from another place?
If that's what I think it is, I believe you are screwed and you should pm Dugi with a save or post in his thread.
Spoiler:
Giant_Hogweed wrote:3) Is it possible to kill the Uria avatar in pandemonium? How?
Do you mean in Execrable Sanctum? It's possible and pretty much follows standard procedures. :)
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
Giant_Hogweed

Post by Giant_Hogweed »

Hello Nuorc, nice to know you!
I'm not sure if I've understood, so please forgive me if I ask you some comfirm.
1) You mean that the Verminous Sewers are somwhere around Pandemonium but it moves each time I enter in it?
2) Yes you are right, the entrance is exactly the one in the screenshot you posted. Who is Dugi? You mean that there is a bug that cause the impossibility to enter? Does it lead to the Den where the real Uria is?
3) The avatar I was speaking about do not get any harm by whatever attack is hitted from, moreover it does not lose life points even if I poison or incinerate it. That's why I asked help. May it changes its ability if I enter again in Pandemonium?

Thank you again and have a nice day! ;-)
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Giant_Hogweed wrote:I'm not sure if I've understood, so please forgive me if I ask you some comfirm.
Feel invited to ask anything about this campaign. :)
Giant_Hogweed wrote:1) You mean that the Verminous Sewers are somwhere around Pandemonium but it moves each time I enter in it?
Yes. And it moves even after you entered it, so the way you came will not be the same if you go back.
Giant_Hogweed wrote:2) Yes you are right, the entrance is exactly the one in the screenshot you posted. Who is Dugi? You mean that there is a bug that cause the impossibility to enter? Does it lead to the Den where the real Uria is?
Dugi is the author of this UMC. Here is his thread. And yes, I think it's bugged, and yes, I believe that is the only way to progress.
Giant_Hogweed wrote:3) The avatar I was speaking about do not get any harm by whatever attack is hitted from, moreover it does not lose life points even if I poison or incinerate it. That's why I asked help. May it changes its ability if I enter again in Pandemonium?
EDITED: Lol, when I looked at my old saves I didn't realize I was twice in Pandemonium... Anyway: When I was there the first time, Uria's ava was indeed invincible, but after discovering that there came someone helping. So if you have no help arriving, no label, no access to Uria's Den, then I still suggest contacting Dugi.

Have a nice day too. :)
I have a cunning plan.