[POLL] What user made campaigns you like most?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: [POLL] What user made campaigns you like most?

Post by Iris »

Velensk wrote:You know, an interesting metric as well might be "how many of these have you started/completed" and maybe why not finished.
In that case, here’s an addendum to my previous post:
Spoiler:
EDIT: Improved formatting by 200%.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Spoiler:
I believe some other campaigns are missing, e.g. Return of Monster.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

35. To Lands Unknown
The greatest campaign I have seen, only one I ever completed, or played twice. Though I do not agree with the decision to give Golems regen, it makes first scenario even more annoying.
2. Bad Moon Rising and Trinity
Tried few scenarios, dont remember much, supporting for Archaic Era
12. Salt Wars, 13. Panther Lord, 19. Swamp Witch Curse
I think I played two of them, not sure which ones, but as freemen and sea states. Liked more the one with sea states. Played maybe 2 scenarios from them.
Spoiler:
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

1. Invasion from the unknown and it's sequel After the Storm
15. Fate of a Princess
20. Secrets of the Ancients
35. To Lands Unknown
49. Rise of the Elementalist
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Xara

Post by Xara »

1.Panther Lord (and Swamp Witch Curse, Salt Wars): Great writing, well designed battles, and I love the Era of Four Moon.
2.To Lands Unknown: Cool story, good work with the Era, and Arabian Night style; the battles are not challenging in fun ways though.
3.Elvish Dynasty RPG: Love the mechanics.
4.Danse Macabre: Quirky fun.
5.Invasion from the Unknown: Not too fond of the story, but undoubtly good job.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Sire

Post by Sire »

I'm just gonna write down the UMC I've played, which may not necessarily be on the master list. Anyways, here are my votes.

5 Votes
1: Legend of the Invincibles
2: Invasion From the Unknown
3: To Lands Unknown
4: Oath of Allegiance (Unfinished?)
5: N/A [I haven't played that much UMC, and am still behind doing all of mainline...]
Detailed Notes:
UMC Notable Mentions:
Campaigns To Do:
Last edited by Sire on April 29th, 2016, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

- Invasion from the Unknown and its sequel After the Storm
- Ooze mini campaign and its sequel Elvish Dynasty RPG (these two should be together)
- Saving Elensefar
- Swamplings
- Alariel's Journey: A Faerie Tale
Spoiler:
Campaigns that I have created (now updated to 1.14):
Bitter Revenge, The Dark Alliance, Battle Against Time, Talentless Mage
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

Out of the ones I remember playing I can only choose 3 that really impressed me from this list:
1. Invasion from the unknown and it's sequel After the Storm
10. Saving Elensefar
35. To Lands Unknown
Spoiler:
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

1. Invasion from the unknown and it's sequel After the Storm - I've really enjoyed the story with mainline quality.
2. Bad Moon Rising and Trinity - I've enjoyed that you control different armies in different scenarios in Trinity with leading into an epic end.
11. Legend of the Invincibles - Good if you want something of 3PIC (not epic) scale. It presents unique gameplay but the story suffers from being stretched into several hundreds of scenarios. I'd also add there (like some other series occupy one item in this list) a prequel named Affably Evil and spin-off Beautiful Child and both of them have an interesting story, which share some of unique gameplay with LotI but aren't epic-scaled. Definely a must-play if you want something epic or some kind of different gameplay.
16. Brave Wings - I liked it more than FoaP but I'd like that these two shared one place in this list too. I've enjoyed the epic end.
66. Elvish Dynasty RPG - Well, another interesting gameplay and story referencing Ooze Mini campaign in a perfect manner.

Honorable mentions: (another campaigns that I liked but can't fit to these five votes)
Spoiler:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

- Legend of the Invincibles (I like the story, the items, the advancements, pretty much everything (maybe I'm biased because I contributed to much to it))
- Soldier of Wesnoth (It gave a feeling of awesomeness, like a really good book)
- Danse Macabre (I really like the advancement of the walking corpse and the special units were nice too)
- To Lands Unknown (Was very interesting, the art was amazing too)
- Rebellion in the North (I can't really pin down what I like about this one, but I like it a lot)

My List: Be prepared, it is a looooooooooooooooong list
Spoiler:
Naron

Post by Naron »

I like, in the order I was playing UMCs for first time:
1. Invasion from the Unknown & After the Storm
2. Bad Moon Rising & Trinity
3 Elementalist series
4. Legend of the Invincibles
5. Birth of a Lich
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

• Invasion from the Unknown
  • Bad Moon Rising
  • Secrets of the Ancients
  • The Founding of Borstep
  • Count Kromire
Pags

Post by Pags »

The Soujournings of Grog is very wittily written (the dialogue), so I appreciated it quite a bit.
Likewise with the Roar of the Woses, but the various factions seemed a bit contrived.
White Troll wasn't so great as I recall. There were some missions that seemed to drag on (one where you went west, then north through the mountains seemed to take forever)
Legend of the Invincibles is awesome from the item drop perspective. Some of the dialogue could use "re-englishing" and smoothing out. Sometimes it seems that Dugi attempts to change too many playstyle related factors from one chapter to the next, but overall it's quite good. I liked Beautiful Child (same author) too. Mission objectives could use a bit more explicit spelling out and hints, but it was a rather coherent storyline and actually seemed better dialogued than LotI.
Jabie

Post by Jabie »

The Sojournings of Grog - Very good fun. I'd love to be able to import the characters from UtBS into the final scenario.
Swamplings - Best writing of all the scenarios I've played. Should be made mainline.
Inky's Quest - Play as a cuttlefish. Interesting change of pace.
To Lands Unknown - I never completed it, but you have to admire the ambition. The ported graphics look beautiful.
The Earth's Gut - This campaign is unfinished, which is shame because it was a real cracker. It ties in well with events in the BfW universe, has a lot of innovative scenarios and above all, in large part its a dungeon crawler, which is my favourite variety of campaign. I'd love to see it finished off.

There are a couple of other RPGs I tired which were pretty neat, but this side of heaven I just don't have the time to play them through fully.

I play all games on Easy level as I haven't them the time struggle through something onerous. I will abandon campaigns if I find them too difficult. So here's a hint for anyone designing a campaign: if you want to maximise your player-base, make sure that you include an Easy level and make sure that Easy level is actually easy enough to complete. (This goes for Mainline campaigns too. The first scenario in Dead Water is far too hard!)
marat

Post by marat »

A Rough Life
Girl unDead
Saving Elensefar
Secrets of the Ancients
The Roar of the Woses