Unit War

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Raijer

Re: Unit War

Post by Raijer »

I choose Skeleton and i challenge Implementor37 and darkeye28 (crossing fingers for them to kill each other...).
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Whiskeyjack wrote:I choose Dwarvish Guardsman and challenge darkeye28 and pe_em.

This will take forever but somehow it seems funny.
Yeah, if you have any suggestion to improve the game PM me, so if I like it I may add this to the rules, but don't ask me to make the game unfair (such as ``make a 2vs1 mode´´), also don't ask to change rules that the players are accustomed (such as ``make the player able to choose several units at the start´´), anyway pe_em won (32/42xp), here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hvv01 ... /war_5_.gz
Why are you reading this? Are you stupid? There is nothing to see here, stop reading this now! Or I will... Anyway, do you like One Piece?

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Raijer wrote:I choose Skeleton and i challenge Implementor37 and darkeye28 (crossing fingers for them to kill each other...).
Finnaly, one Undead unit, well you got lucky and won (12/35xp), but now I challenge YOU MUHAHAHAHA...
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nxcj7 ... /war_6_.gz
Why are you reading this? Are you stupid? There is nothing to see here, stop reading this now! Or I will... Anyway, do you like One Piece?

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

iceiceice
Developer

Post by iceiceice »

darkeye28 wrote: (you don't lose any units when you level, you just get another, which gives you an advantage).
Oooh, I see, I did not understand that. I thought that we all only have one unit at a time. In that case it probably doesn't matter what maps you pick, but thanks to you.
darkeye28 wrote: ... if you have any suggestion to improve the game ...
I guess the only things I would suggest is:
  • Maybe you should get more experience for winning vs. people who have more units than you? To help people that join later.
  • Maybe there should be some random battles besides the challenges, just to spice things up :lol:

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

iceiceice wrote:
I guess the only things I would suggest is:
  • Maybe you should get more experience for winning vs. people who have more units than you? To help people that join later.
I like it, I will adapt it a bit and turn into a rule.
iceiceice wrote:[*] Maybe there should be some random battles besides the challenges, just to spice things up :lol: [/list]
Well, but you don't control the army (IA vs IA) so the game may be a IA game if I do this.

iceiceice
Developer

Post by iceiceice »

What I mean is like, there can be battles where you pick 3 random people to fight a 1 v 1 v 1, so that a battle happens that no one expected. Right now all the battles are a bit one-sided because someone chose the terms of it.

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

iceiceice wrote:What I mean is like, there can be battles where you pick 3 random people to fight a 1 v 1 v 1, so that a battle happens that no one expected. Right now all the battles are a bit one-sided because someone chose the terms of it.
Yeah, but how do I pick 3 RANDOM people to fight, I'm not a computer to choose someone randomly, unless I write the names on a paper and pick one without looking (wait that is a good idea I will use it), ok but even this way... I have a better idea and if the defender start the game (as P1)? So he will have one advantage, no?

iceiceice
Developer

Post by iceiceice »

You can go to this site:

https://www.random.org/

At the side where it says "true random number generator", you can type 1 for min, and 6 if there are 6 players in the game, and click "generate" , then it will pick one of them at random. If you do that 3 times it should be good :eng:

Idk there's many other ideas you could use, this is just a pretty simple one. Have fun :)

Edit:
I think that P1 will give some advantage, but the AI usually is not good enough to take a large advantage of it I think. Also on the random maps I'm not sure how much difference it will make.

The main difference will be that P1 will take villages a little bit faster. So, it's something.

Implementor37

Post by Implementor37 »

I challenge iceiceice (Orcish Grunt) and whiskeyjack (Dwarvish guardsman) in 1v1v1
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.

pe_em

Post by pe_em »

darkeye28 wrote:
Whiskeyjack wrote:I choose Dwarvish Guardsman and challenge darkeye28 and pe_em.[...]
[...]anyway pe_em won (32/42xp), here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hvv01 ... /war_5_.gz
Muhahaha! Berserk power! 8)

I've got a question: If my unit advances, can I recruit both or either of my units?

I think that the units shouldn't be able to advance in a single battle. E.g. a magi vs grunts battle with red, white and standard magi :augh:
I challenge... give me just a while :D...:

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

iceiceice wrote:You can go to this site:

https://www.random.org/

At the side where it says "true random number generator", you can type 1 for min, and 6 if there are 6 players in the game, and click "generate" , then it will pick one of them at random. If you do that 3 times it should be good :eng:

Idk there's many other ideas you could use, this is just a pretty simple one. Have fun :)

Edit:
I think that P1 will give some advantage, but the AI usually is not good enough to take a large advantage of it I think. Also on the random maps I'm not sure how much difference it will make.

The main difference will be that P1 will take villages a little bit faster. So, it's something.
Ok I think the I will do a random challenge once a week, just to make the game faster.
Implementor37 wrote:I challenge iceiceice (Orcish Grunt) and whiskeyjack (Dwarvish guardsman) in 1v1v1
I will do it latter, because I am using a bad computer right now :(
pe_em wrote: Muhahaha! Berserk power! 8)

I've got a question: If my unit advances, can I recruit both or either of my units?

I think that the units shouldn't be able to advance in a single battle. E.g. a magi vs grunts battle with red, white and standard magi :augh:
I challenge... give me just a while :D...:
Well, you will never loose a unit, so you can recruit every unit that you own, I will do the battle later.

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

Implementor37 wrote:I challenge iceiceice (Orcish Grunt) and whiskeyjack (Dwarvish guardsman) in 1v1v1
iceiceice won, so he has 24/42xp...
also you and whiskeyjack get 1 xp.

link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1r6e6 ... /war_8_.gz

Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Hmm, just saw the "rolling the dice", of course i'm in it!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

darkeye28

Post by darkeye28 »

pe_em wrote:
I challenge... give me just a while :D... Implementor37's Drake Burner
You won 41/42xp, well you just need to loose another one to level up :lol:

EDIT: Implementor37 also get 1 xp.
LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y0p58 ... i/war_9.gz