How to change themes (user interface)?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gloccusv

Re: How to change themes (user interface)?

Post by gloccusv »

Here is a screenshot:
asymmetric.jpg
It shows the combat odds in the sidebars for each available weapon, when you select one of your units and then hover over a potential target. It's a lot quicker than clicking on the target to open the attack dialogue and then selecting each weapon in turn and checking the combat odds.
Author of SP campaigns An Undead Incursion, A Beastly Tale and A Northern Village
and Asymmetric Widescreen theme for 1.12 & 1.14.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

First of all, thanks a lot for writing this. I use a modified version of this and it's absolutely fantastic.

If you use planning mode (whiteboard) you may have noticed that the "Planning mode activated" message doesn't show centered with this theme. I just pushed a change to master and 1.14 that fixes that and centers the message in the mainmap viewport: 3376e140ca2d9414ddbf7e3e0f001cf41db43ea3 It should be in 1.14.6.

I also have a PR open (#3731) that, among other things, adds a selected_time_of_day report, so you will be able to show the time of day of both the attacker and the defender, in case they're different because of units or terrains that illuminate.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

gloccusv wrote: September 23rd, 2015, 2:26 am I have added a second file for 1.14.4 and later (as explained below, it doesn't work for earlier versions). The only difference is that a few things have been removed to bring it in line with the mainline themes. The installation instructions are the same as for 1.12.
Hi, thanks again for writing this, I'd like to package my version (which is derived from yours) as an addon or possibly as an addition to mainline, see https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/4184.