Simplified Wesnoth Board Game

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argothair

Simplified Wesnoth Board Game

Post by Argothair »

Hello, I've taken another stab at developing some rules for a Wesnoth Board Game, i.e., for a game that you play in person over a tabletop instead of online with a computer. I've borrowed some ideas from the versions presented in the 2012 thread (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=35808), but I've also tried to keep this game much simpler compared to those versions. This new version has no multiplication, no percentages, and very small numbers -- for example, Level 1 Units typically have between 2 and 5 hit points. I've tried to condense all of the features of Wesnoth down to the bare minimum needed to keep the game interesting, so that gameplay will be quick and painless even without a computer.

Please take a look and tell me what you think! I'm very interested in opinions about unit balance, game length, elegance/clarity of rules, and general feedback. Even if all you have to say is that you think the game is cool, please share! The more people I hear from, the more I'll be encouraged to do the work of porting the artwork into a board game format so we can publish this as a print-and-play.
Attachments
Wesnoth board game.pdf
(133.23 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
dipseydoodle

Re: Simplified Wesnoth Board Game

Post by dipseydoodle »

Good job, not sure if this belongs in here though or game development.

I love pen and paper/tabeltop games, because they are so inventive and require a little more then "graphics" to keep your interest. Good luck, hope it goes well.