Multiplayer Question

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ImNotHere

Multiplayer Question

Post by ImNotHere »

I played the tutorial and this seems like its gonna be a great game, and I was wondering, Can two people play this on one computer, just alternating who controlls it (kinda like advance wars or something)? That would be pretty nice =) I looked into multiplayer but I did not see any such option.
miyo

Post by miyo »

On wesnoth homepage - http://www.wesnoth.org there is 'Manual' which has section for 'Multiplayer' - it tells what you the answers

MANUAL (text file) should also come with game.

- Miyo
ImNotHere

Post by ImNotHere »

Ok.. so I did not RTFM =( fine....
ImNotHere

Post by ImNotHere »

" There are a number of ways to play a multiplayer game of Wesnoth. The simplest way is a 'hotseat' game: Multiple players on one computer, each player takes the 'hotseat' when it is their turn. To start a 'hotseat' game, select 'Multiplayer' from the main menu -> 'Host Multiplayer Game'. After selecting your map, change all the names in 'Player/Type' to be human players or computer players (i.e. no 'Network Players'), and then start your game. "
Well thanks! This is a really great game =)I will never post in your message boards (oustside this topic) again =)
miyo

Post by miyo »

ImNotHere wrote: Ok.. so I did not RTFM =( fine....
I did not say RTFM... I pointed that we have manual, I pointed how it can be found, I pointed where in the manual the information is. So basically I said RTFMMCFFWHPRTMS... which is a lot more than just saying RTFM.

- Miyo
ImNotHere

???

Post by ImNotHere »

RTFMMCFFWHPRTMS = What?
ImNotHere

Well

Post by ImNotHere »

One other thing, when I try to connect to the servers it says I need the 0.6 release and I have the 0.6.0 release... I am confused
miyo

Post by miyo »

Greetings,

you are trying to connect server.wesnoth.org?

- Miyo
ImNotHere

Multiplayer

Post by ImNotHere »

Yes, I am
miyo

Post by miyo »

What platform are you running?

- Miyo
ImNotHere

Post by ImNotHere »

Windows XP, Slackware 9.1
The error occors in windows XP, I have not yet tried online multiplayer in Slackware 9.1.
btw.. what are the minumium system requirements?
I installed it on a windows 98 machine with a pentium 166, 1MB video card and 48mb of ram and it runs fine (I moved the music folder so it runs better).
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

This is yet another bug with the (rather disappointing) 0.6 release -- the Windows version can't connect to the public server.

Will be fixed in 0.6.1. Sorry for the inconvenience.

David
ImNotHere

Post by ImNotHere »

np =)
ImNotHere

IT WORKS! (in linux)

Post by ImNotHere »

I tried it in slackware 9.1 and I connected to the servers ok.