Add-on image: the most important add-on selection criterion?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Add-on image: the most important add-on selection criter

Post by Dugi »

I have placed the link to the guide right into the information about the picture in PblWML, but somebody moved it into the see also section. I don't like that decision, but I don't want to start an edit war.

And by the way, it wasn't me who discovered it, I just decided to use it and was surprised by the number of players it attracted (so I decided to try to tell others about it).
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

I have recently find out myself how to add custom images to a multiplayer add on, but display a mainline image to users without add on installed. I guess am not a genious and lot of people can also figure out themselves how do it, but I still think is the kind of "trick" that UMC would find very helpfull in a guide. Just throwing here the idea, not sure if is the best thread for it.
What I did:
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

tekelili: You might add it to the wiki, maybe as a section in Dugi's custom add-on images guide? http://wiki.wesnoth.org/FancyAddonIcons