Command ability dammage increase

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yomar

Command ability dammage increase

Post by Yomar »

Ok from what I read regarding the command ability a Genearal (lv.3 unit) for example should allow to a strong spearman (lv.1 unit) to do 15 points (50% dammage increase) of dammage, but from what I remember he allows im to d only 12 like he does with the help of a Lieutenant (lv.2 unit) (25% dammage increase), right now I don't have the possibility to play the game, so can someone try out the "era of legends" and tell me how much is the dammage of a spearman with the aid of a general ?
Probably I just remember wrong, because usually I play with default lv.1 units, but just to be sure, thx.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
AI
Developer

Re: Command ability dammage increase

Post by AI »

I'm having trouble parsing your question, but I think the following answers it: Leadership gives an attack damage bonus of 25% * level difference
The 'inspire' ability used in THoT (and probably various UMC) is 25% * (level difference + 1)
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Ok today I tried out the game using a general as a leader, then I summoned a spearman near him at day time, since the general is of lv.3 and the spearman of lv.1 he should add a bonus of 25% + 25% resulting in a total bonus of 50%.
Now considering that the spearman had the strong trait he was able to deal 10 points of dammage without the aid of the general, but when i move him near the general I saw that he does 14 ponts of dammage, but why ?
I mean 50% of 10 is 5, so he should be able to inflict 15 points of dammage and not 14, is this a bug or I'm missing something ?
Last edited by Yomar on December 25th, 2013, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Yomar wrote:Ok today I tried out the game using a general as a leader, then I summoned a spearman near him at day time, since the general is of lv.3 and the spearman of lv.1 he should add a bonus of 25% + 25% resulting in a total bonus of 50%.
Now considering that the spearman had the strong trait he was able to deal 10 points of dammage without the aid of the general, but whwn i move him near the general I saw that he does 14 ponts of dammage, but why ?
I mean 50% of 10 is 5, so he should be able to inflict 15 points of dammage and not 14, is this a bug or the game calculates it in some other way ?

What unit was he attacking? Did the enemy unit have any resistance to pierce?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

No the enemy had no resistances, and when I hover the mouse pointer over the spearman, it says that he inflicts 14 points of dammage.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
iridium137

Post by iridium137 »

Leadership and time of day combine additively, not multiplicatively.

So your spearman, who does 8*(1+0.25)=10 damage during the day, does 8*(1+0.25+0.5)=14 under the general, and not 8*(1+0.25)*(1+0.5)=15.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

now the thing is, that the bonuses on the spearmen are handled together instead of separately.
what do we have for bonuses?
25% because of the daytime
50% because of the general

now, let's do the math:
If we add 25% first on the 8 points of damage, we get 10. if we add 50% again we get 15 damage. (8*1,25*1,5=15)
If we add 75% damage (50%+25%) on the 8 points of damage then we get 14. (8*1,75=14)

EDIT: iridium137 ninja'd me, sry
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Thx for the explanations guys. :)
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟