a new port

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

poundsmack

a new port

Post by poundsmack »

hi my name is chris and i was wondering how portable Wesnpth is? does it use sdl? i would like ot try to (or have it be ported too) SkyOS and MorphOS. please let me know what kind of dependencies and any other things i might need to know for doing sucj ports. thanks.
-chris
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

It uses SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_image, SDL_ttf so basically a range of SDL but other than that just good old GCC. Porting to the Mac was very straightforward in the main, just a few standard tweaks then ironing out bugs with Dave.

So I'd encourage you to give it a try.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Wesnoth is fairly portable, and compiles on Windows, GNU/Linux, MacOSX, FreeBSD, and Solaris.

It does require fairly modern C++ support, and the target platform would have to support most of the ISO C++98 standard to work. (i.e. gcc 2.95 has trouble).

It does indeed use SDL.

I suggest try it and see. If there are problems, you can report them here, and I'll look into them.

Thanks for your interest!

David
poundsmack

Post by poundsmack »

excelent both platforms comply with those standards i will give it a try durring my free time over winter break and i will let you all know how it goes. thanks.
-chris