Newbie With Questions

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Majorix

Newbie With Questions

Post by Majorix »

I am a beginner with Battle for Wesnoth. I used to install it with all my Linux installations, since I believe it is one of the best games for the platform, but did not really touch it until now.

I was wondering about these two questions:

1. Are there any books/fanfiction written about the game or the world the game is based in? Because when I launch the game I see a huge map that could be made good use of.

2. Is there an easier way to install fanmade campaigns? The ingame mechanism sadly sucks, because you have to pick a campaign/mod, wait for it to install, come back, wait for it to load, pick something else, rinse and repeat. If there is no such tool, am I allowed to write a small script of my own that would achieve this?

Thanks!
Dugi

Re: Newbie With Questions

Post by Dugi »

1. Not that I know about. There were attempts for sure, though.
2. Yeah, download them from add-ons.wesnoth.org and when unpacked, copy them all into the add-ons folder .local/share/wesnoth/1.10/data/add-ons/
Limabean

Re: Newbie With Questions

Post by Limabean »

Majorix wrote: 1. Are there any books/fanfiction written about the game or the world the game is based in? Because when I launch the game I see a huge map that could be made good use of.
Stone Remembers is decent fanfiction. While it might benefit from a little more polishing, the story is complete and I certainly enjoyed it.