French forum for Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Omikron

French forum for Wesnoth

Post by Omikron »

Hello all. I know it looks a little bit like advertising, but I decided a few days ago to use my love for this game and my motivation to improve it and keep it alive by doing something easy - but not so easy -.

I was looking for a french forum made for wesnoth but I finally only found this one because unfortunately, the french community is not really developped :?
Yes, I found one or two forums on the web, but those forums are dead or no more accessible. That's why I created a new one to try - once again - to develop a french community that could work on something positive for the Wesnoth project. Everyone does not speak english easily and the english forum is not always easy to follow.

Here is the address : http://wesnoth-fr.forumgratuit.be/
Crow_T

Re: French forum for Wesnoth

Post by Crow_T »

I wish you success on your project- there is so much amazing art coming out of France these days it'd be nice to see some of it trickle into Wesnoth :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Crow_T wrote:there is so much amazing art coming out of France these days it'd be nice to see some of it trickle into Wesnoth
I'm not sure if you are kidding.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
pyrophorus

Post by pyrophorus »

As Doofus says, maybe there are here more French contributors than you think...

Friendly,
lipk

Post by lipk »

There was another attempt to create a new French Wesnoth forum not so long ago - no idea if it's still running, though.

My French could use a little exercise so I registered there but don't expect nice long posts from me.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Maybe a list of links to various international wesnoth communities stickified somewhere would help to stop these from going dead all the time and having to be restarted?
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Omikron

Post by Omikron »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Maybe a list of links to various international wesnoth communities stickified somewhere would help to stop these from going dead all the time and having to be restarted?
Great idea !

lipk wrote:There was another attempt to create a new French Wesnoth forum not so long ago - no idea if it's still running, though.
Was it something like http://wesnoth.toile-libre.org/ ?
Unfortunatly this site does not seem to exist anymore. But hosting it on toile-libre.org was a good idea (or maybe it wasn't, because after all the site is dead). I used an easier way to create this one, even if the site that host wesnoth-fr is less free than toile-libre, but I didn't want to code a full forum with all those corpses of forums behind it.