Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kapnbanjo

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

Post by kapnbanjo »

vanillared wrote:The game crashes whenever a mermaid uses the water spray attack.

I am on the map The Army of Darkness from the add-on Legend of the Invincibles in chapter 2.
I'll try to test tomorrow if issue occurs on ipad
vanillared

Post by vanillared »

Thank you!
vanillared

Post by vanillared »

kapnbanjo wrote:
vanillared wrote:The game crashes whenever a mermaid uses the water spray attack.

I am on the map The Army of Darkness from the add-on Legend of the Invincibles in chapter 2.
I'll try to test tomorrow if issue occurs on ipad
I toyed around with preferences and I think the crash is sound related. When I turn off all sound options, the game does not crash on the iPad with the Mermaids use water spray.
dailin

Post by dailin »

vanillared wrote:I toyed around with preferences and I think the crash is sound related. When I turn off all sound options, the game does not crash on the iPad with the Mermaids use water spray.
The addons crash in your ipad? I worked on multi-languages in the past few days and i test your issues now.
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

Did you get past Where the sun does not shine in chapter 1? If so how? It keeps crashing on my phone and the creator of the addon says it might be because of the long narrative part at the beginning
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Did you get past Where the sun does not shine in chapter 1? If so how? It keeps crashing on my phone and the creator of the addon says it might be because of the long narrative part at the beginning
Additional technical information: It is a [message] tag with about 800 letters in the message. It fills like a third of the screen on a usual laptop or PC.
It stopped crashing when I split it into two shorter messages, it's now sure that overly long messages are crashing this iPhone port.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Dugi wrote:
Additional technical information: It is a [message] tag with about 800 letters in the message. It fills like a third of the screen on a usual laptop or PC.
It stopped crashing when I split it into two shorter messages, it's now sure that overly long messages are crashing this iPhone port.
Thanks,i had fixed addons bugs and my problem is incomplete translation. :(
When i set language eg. japanese, Campaign is japanese in first lanuch,but it may come back english in second lanuch.Some texts is english,the others is Japanese in every lanuch. :( :( :(
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

On iPhone 4 I get a crash anytime I try and start any multiplayer game. Any multiplayer at all. Vs human or vs AI. It does te loading screen, the map loads, I see my fortress and then crash.
Campaign works, but multiplayer is unusable at this stage.
Also, scrolling around the map is a little...seems like rough compared to the other version. Seems to jolt around the map more.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Lorric wrote:On iPhone 4 I get a crash anytime I try and start any multiplayer game. Any multiplayer at all. Vs human or vs AI. It does te loading screen, the map loads, I see my fortress and then crash.
Campaign works, but multiplayer is unusable at this stage.
Also, scrolling around the map is a little...seems like rough compared to the other version. Seems to jolt around the map more.
Have you closed all apps from the background and tried relaunching? Or rebooting the device?
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Ok checked quickly. Was able to get it to work if I shut down all apps, and enter iwesnoth fresh.
However, of I quit within the game, go back to main menu and try again, then it crashes.
So from fresh it works. Seems like a memory issue when loading.
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Lorric wrote:Ok checked quickly. Was able to get it to work if I shut down all apps, and enter iwesnoth fresh.
However, of I quit within the game, go back to main menu and try again, then it crashes.
So from fresh it works. Seems like a memory issue when loading.
That's odd, I've not seen that issue on my iphone5 or ipad2, my sis has an iphone 4, I'll see if I can reproduce the issue tonight

You may also want to try shutting off the phone and turning it back on. Or uninstalling and reinstalling. Those are less common fixes but just throwing out ideas
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Anyway, so today I bought an iPhone 5 and started up iwesnoth again. This time no multiplayer crashes!
So I think it's the iPhone 4 processor isn't quite coping at this point.
A new issue though. I've noticed that when you scroll around the map, about the upper quarter of the map screen kind of like warps into the new land rather than just scrolling over. Hard to explain but a bit like an old tv loosing reception. It's only the top quarter of the land as it comes into view.

Lol, not often I can report feedback for two phones in one day.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Lorric wrote:I've noticed that when you scroll around the map, about the upper quarter of the map screen kind of like warps into the new land rather than just scrolling over. Hard to explain but a bit like an old tv loosing reception. It's only the top quarter of the land as it comes into view.
Thanks for your report.It is difficult to deal with this issue,but i will try. :)
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Ok cheers. You've done a great job so far though, just needs a bit of tweaking.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Found something else.

If you double tap to pull up in game help. The "ok" for selecting one of the topics is outside the screen range on n iPhone 5 so you can't select it. Basically have to force quit the app I think.