Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dailin

Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

Post by dailin »

Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is released now.
It contains all campaions,add-ons,multiplayers.
If you purchase it, please be sure to post a good review on iTunes to support Wesnoth! :D
Next version i will support multilanguage,please look forward to!
iphone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iwesnot ... ?ls=1&mt=8
ipad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iwesnot ... ?ls=1&mt=8
source code: https://github.com/dailin/wesnoth_ios
FAQ
Q:The campaign or maps of add-ons crash in iphone.
A:The latest version have fixed this bug.

Q: Merman attack crash bug.
A:The latest version have fixed this bug.This is sound bugs,In current version you can disable all sound options in preferences to skip this bug temporarily.
mzl.zuujcvmo.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.zuujcvmo.480x480-75.jpg (50.3 KiB) Viewed 22150 times
mzl.oyygytti.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.oyygytti.480x480-75.jpg (107.04 KiB) Viewed 22150 times
Last edited by dailin on January 4th, 2013, 3:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Hi,guys, Wesnoth 1.10.4 is released now!

Post by Iris »

You might want to edit the topic’s title to clarify that you mean the iOS version.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
dailin

Re: Hi,guys, Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is released now!

Post by dailin »

Oh,my mistake,Thank you. :)
plamentg

Post by plamentg »

Just downloaded it. Started HttT for testing purposes. I'll try to make a rough comparison between the two versions (yours and Kyle's).
First, the good about your app:
1. I can minimize the app. Kyle's version makes an autosave in such cases which slows down resuming the game.
2. Add-on server. Finally. Even if you stop maintaining the game, it will have one of the greatest replay values among ios turn based strategies.
Now, the not-so-good
1. Different (and IMHO more difficult controls). I cannot swipe the main map, or at least I haven't found a way to do it. The only way to change the focus of view is by using the minimap, which is not very comfortable. Also, swiping is absent (almost) everywhere - when choosing a campaign, when browsing the addon server...
2. Loading takes a bit longer. Not much of an issue, really.
3. Not 100% sure, but I have a feeling the game is not as smooth as Kyle's version. I will have to spend a day or two testing different scenarios and situations for confirmation.
P.S. I'm using an ipad2. Later versions with better processors/videocards might provide better experience.
dailin

Post by dailin »

plamentg wrote:Just downloaded it. Started HttT for testing purposes. I'll try to make a rough comparison between the two versions (yours and Kyle's).
First, the good about your app:
1. I can minimize the app. Kyle's version makes an autosave in such cases which slows down resuming the game.
2. Add-on server. Finally. Even if you stop maintaining the game, it will have one of the greatest replay values among ios turn based strategies.
Now, the not-so-good
1. Different (and IMHO more difficult controls). I cannot swipe the main map, or at least I haven't found a way to do it. The only way to change the focus of view is by using the minimap, which is not very comfortable. Also, swiping is absent (almost) everywhere - when choosing a campaign, when browsing the addon server...
2. Loading takes a bit longer. Not much of an issue, really.
3. Not 100% sure, but I have a feeling the game is not as smooth as Kyle's version. I will have to spend a day or two testing different scenarios and situations for confirmation.
P.S. I'm using an ipad2. Later versions with better processors/videocards might provide better experience.
Thanks for your report.
You can swipe mainmap like PC version,slide your finger to edge of screen and you can swipe it. If you still can't swipe it,please tell me.
First loading is longer because of creating font cache which prepare to support multilanguage.
Next version i will improve performance.
Thank you again.
Last edited by dailin on November 12th, 2012, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Yep for all intents and purposes this is a sound release. Good job!

One possible bug noted so far: I haven't been able to move the sliders in the menus, so for example, like the 'experience modifier' or 'village gold' sliders. Any ideas?

For completeness I'll reiterate here the request to include Game Center async multiplayer at some point in the future. For the mobile iOS users this game has real potential for async play.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

You can swipe at edge of screen but it would be more user friendly to be able to swipe from anywhere.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Suggestion: The other app had a 'next unit' button in the top right of the screen. I don't know if this is possible to include, but I know I found it useful.
matthjes

Post by matthjes »

How do I run addon campaigns? I've downloaded two addons, however, they do not appear in the campaign menu...
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jambo wrote:Suggestion: The other app had a 'next unit' button in the top right of the screen. I don't know if this is possible to include, but I know I found it useful.
Which panel can be replaced by 'next unit' button in top-panel.Maybe income panel?
Jambo wrote: One possible bug noted so far: I haven't been able to move the sliders in the menus, so for example, like the 'experience modifier' or 'village gold' sliders. Any ideas?

For completeness I'll reiterate here the request to include Game Center async multiplayer at some point in the future. For the mobile iOS users this game has real potential for async play.
Where are the sliders?can u give me some screenshots?
After fixed urgency bugs,i will try to add async feature. :)

dailin

Post by dailin »

matthjes wrote:How do I run addon campaigns? I've downloaded two addons, however, they do not appear in the campaign menu...
hi,i just test addon. Please tap addon in title-screen,then tap 'remove Add-ons ', can u see the campaigns you download from add-on server? if not ,please download it again.
i get "the Roar of the Woses" for add-on servers, and the addon campaigns will be shown at the end of campaigns menu.
1.jpg
1.jpg (50.79 KiB) Viewed 21995 times
ps: i test with iphone3gs.
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

dailin wrote: Which panel can be replaced by 'next unit' button in top-panel.Maybe income panel?
I'm thinking where the description of the highlighted tile is placed (so the very top right of the game screen)?
dailin wrote: Where are the sliders?can u give me some screenshots?
After fixed urgency bugs,i will try to add async feature. :)
Ignore the sliders comment. I didn't realise they get grayed out when the 'Use map settings' is checked. :oops:
matthjes

Post by matthjes »

Hi,

I've downloaded now three addons: Grafed Era, Nightmare of Meloen and Roar of the Woses. Only the last addon is shown in the campaign menu, however, I can see all three addons when I select "Add-ons" and then "Remove Add-ons".

FYI: I installed the HD version on my iPad 3
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The missing two add-ons are eras, they appear only on the list of eras if you are creating a multiplayer game. Eras are not much useful for single player, focus on campaigns.
matthjes

Post by matthjes »

Mea culpa, I basically stopped playing Wesnoth (the other version) on my iPad some time ago, so I'm not that familiar with the add-on types.

Thanks for pointing this out! Just downloaded "Legend of the Invincibles", it appears in the campaign menu.