Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Fraggel76

Updates

Post by Fraggel76 »

thanks for all the updates mentioned in this forum but were to I find them? in the app store only the original new version is to be found?
kapnbanjo

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

Post by kapnbanjo »

Usually takes a few days to get approved, depending on how many app approvals are going on. I expect it'll be around in the next day or so. Dailin will let us know if something is up I'm sure

I've been checking App Store every couple of hours, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas lol
Fraggel76

Post by Fraggel76 »

I hear yea this is the best thing since the scrambled egg, or I guess the KP version of Wesnoth, there is really nothing else out there like it
swangdoodles

Re: Hi,guys, Wesnoth 1.10.4 for iphone/ipad is released now!

Post by swangdoodles »

dailin wrote:
swangdoodles wrote:I could have a look at some other addons, and see if they are working on the iPhone version?
I have tested some addons, some seem well but there are potential problems
Hi,
I tried a few more addons on the iPod version.

Era of Magic worked fine.

The Steelhive Faction also works, with 1 exeption...
The Steel Lightshifter has a context menu, where you can choose a unit it will shift into. This menu then calls a lua funcion to do its work.
That makes Wesnoth crash on iPod.

The crash seems simular to that of the Custom Campaign.

I did find some differences in the theme file
themes/default.cfg

KylePoole's iPod theme has

Code: Select all

#define DEFAULT_FONT_NORMAL
    10 #enddef
#define DEFAULT_FONT_SMALL
    8 #enddef
#define DEFAULT_FONT_TINY
    7 #enddef
And Dailin's has

Code: Select all

#define DEFAULT_FONT_NORMAL
    14 #enddef
#define DEFAULT_FONT_SMALL
    12 #enddef
#define DEFAULT_FONT_TINY
    10 #enddef
#define DEFAULT_FONT_REALLYTINY
    9 #enddef

#define DEFAULT_FONT320_NORMAL
    8 #enddef
#define DEFAULT_FONT320_SMALL
    7 #enddef
#define DEFAULT_FONT320_TINY
    7 #enddef
Could your fonts be to big for iPod version? And make the menu's crash?
There might be other differences between the two theme files.

Swangdoodles
dailin

Post by dailin »

swangdoodles wrote:Could your fonts be to big for iPod version? And make the menu's crash?
There might be other differences between the two theme files.
Thanks for your suggestion.
I work for this problem now.There are too many option in some add-ons, even set font size to 7,it still crash. :(
My idea is add slider to this view which is too big. May be it can solve these problems of add-ons.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

I am not sure if this knowledge helps you or not, but there is a hard-coded limit of 7 custom menu items that can be added via WML. When I added this limit I had hoped that it would keep the context menu within a reasonable size. Apparently, however, the limit was not enough. Good luck with the slider approach.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
dailin

Post by dailin »

Sapient wrote: am not sure if this knowledge helps you or not, but there is a hard-coded limit of 7 custom menu items that can be added via WML. When I added this limit I had hoped that it would keep the context menu within a reasonable size. Apparently, however, the limit was not enough. Good luck with the slider approach.
scroll_label works well, it don't crash, but i can't cancel this view because 'does_click_dismiss' return false. :(
Icon1024.png
Icon1024.png (169.49 KiB) Viewed 5201 times
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Hi Dailin, I see the update is out and we have scrolling and that sound bug is fixed. Nice job.

Might want to remove the mouse cursor at some point - it's kind of unneeded for an iPad touch screen version.

Also I notice you removed the 'actions' menu to make way for the 'next unit' button. I take it there was nothing we might need in the actions menu?

Next on the list might be Game Center async :whistle:
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

I have been playing with the new stuff and I have to say, I am loving it so far. Not much to report yet, but I've only been playing a little. I'll let you know what I find, but loving it so far.

I kinda like having the cursor, you can disable it from preferences, so it's be nice to keep it for those who want it.

All actions are accessible by double touching the screen on the playable field.

Currently he's working on getting compatability with most addons, then I believe the next thing he said he's working on is looking into game center and performance.

Ironically wesnoth used to support asynchronous multiplayer on PC over email. Perhaps one of the revs can shed some light into whether asynchronous multiplayer can be re-enabled and that would help dailin a lot I think.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

kapnbanjo wrote:Ironically wesnoth used to support asynchronous multiplayer on PC over email. Perhaps one of the revs can shed some light into whether asynchronous multiplayer can be re-enabled and that would help dailin a lot I think.
I'm not sure what you mean by saying that wesnoth "used to support" this and "re-enabling" it; AFAIK there was never a dedicated in-game feature for PBEM, but that is because it would be extraneous and unnecessary. PBEM always has been, and still is, possible. Just email your save file back and forth with the other person.
(note that I'm only talking about the computer version; I imagine the situation for mobile devices would be rather different, and more complicated)
kapnbanjo

Post by kapnbanjo »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:
kapnbanjo wrote:Ironically wesnoth used to support asynchronous multiplayer on PC over email. Perhaps one of the revs can shed some light into whether asynchronous multiplayer can be re-enabled and that would help dailin a lot I think.
I'm not sure what you mean by saying that wesnoth "used to support" this and "re-enabling" it; AFAIK there was never a dedicated in-game feature for PBEM, but that is because it would be extraneous and unnecessary. PBEM always has been, and still is, possible. Just email your save file back and forth with the other person.
(note that I'm only talking about the computer version; I imagine the situation for mobile devices would be rather different, and more complicated)
Ah, I never used the "play by email" multiplayer feature back forever ago, so I didn't know how it worked. Perhaps Game Center works on a similar principle? Idk.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jambo wrote:Might want to remove the mouse cursor at some point - it's kind of unneeded for an iPad touch screen version.
You can close it in preferences
Jambo wrote:Also I notice you removed the 'actions' menu to make way for the 'next unit' button. I take it there was nothing we might need in the actions menu?
double-tap instead of 'action'
Jambo wrote:Next on the list might be Game Center async :whistle:
The feature is in my schedule,but not next version.
Next version is update wesnoth to 1.10.5 and fix some add-ons crash bug in iphone. :)
Captain_Wrathbow wrote:
i think that async multiplayer is like 'drawing something'. I'm looking for solutions
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

On the multiplayer games list, could you put filters like the "vacant slot" button? Also, if not, could you put scrolling with your finger not on the slider? (Like tipical iOS scrolling) and not just in multiplayer. I find it very cumbersome to use the slider.
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

Also, I can't find a way to chat on multiplayer. Is there a way? Because I can see other people's chat messages but I can't respond.

Thanks!
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jrivenonathan wrote:On the multiplayer games list, could you put filters like the "vacant slot" button? Also, if not, could you put scrolling with your finger not on the slider? (Like tipical iOS scrolling) and not just in multiplayer. I find it very cumbersome to use the slider.
You are right. In my next version,i had updated menu selection to ios style by rm slider. Please look forward to. :)
Jrivenonathan wrote:Also, I can't find a way to chat on multiplayer. Is there a way? Because I can see other people's chat messages but I can't respond.
Thanks!
I rm chat model in iphone verison because there are no space to show multiplayer list and chat dialog. In ipad version, it is ok.