Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dailin

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

Post by dailin »

jdmp wrote:Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

As I understand it, he solution that was suggested was to delete the add-on and reinstall it. It tried this, but the same freezing/crashing problem occurs whenever I fight the drones.
Could you give me game saved? Let me test. :)
jdmp

Post by jdmp »

I'm not sure how to send a saved game from my iPad. Please let me know how to do it;

I've now switched to playing the game on a MAC, and there are no problems.
dailin

Post by dailin »

jdmp wrote:I'm not sure how to send a saved game from my iPad. Please let me know how to do it;

I've now switched to playing the game on a MAC, and there are no problems.
First, you need install iFunbox in your mac.then ifunbox -> User Applications -> iWesnoth ->Documents -> saves, then you can copy your saved game to mac :)
gnomius

Post by gnomius »

dailin wrote:
gnomius wrote:By the way, another awesome feature would be to add "Save Sync" among devices. :)

Now, I can connect my iPhone with the cable and get the saves files via iFunBox, to paste them in my computer and play. Would it be possible that the app automatically puts a copy of the saves in a cloud service, like Dropbox, etc...?

Thank you!
I want to transfer it by email and set saved as attachment.is this ok?
Hello dailin,

I just wanted to know if you remember this feature, and whether you are going to implement it soon. I think it would be great!

Thank you very much, and keep on the good job! :D
Gnomius
dailin

Post by dailin »

gnomius wrote:Hello dailin,

I just wanted to know if you remember this feature, and whether you are going to implement it soon. I think it would be great!

Thank you very much, and keep on the good job!
Gnomius
Of course ,i had done it. i need proper time to release new version. :)
gnomius

Post by gnomius »

Great! Looking forward to this new release, then. :D

Thank you!
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

jdmp wrote:I'm very glad there is a new Wesnoth ipad app. It's looking really good

In the fourth part of 'After the Storm', the game crashed whenever I fight the drones. I've tried rebooting a few times, but it makes no difference. I noticed somebody posted about this happening a few months ago, but haven't seen whether there is a solution. I have a new iPad, so everything is up to date.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
i got around it by deleting the addon and reinstalling it but it would be a couple turns and it would do it again i eventually gave up and deleted the addon wasnt worth the time plus all shadow would say is "See my previous post on the matter. It’s probably best for you to take it to the iOS port maintainer." So in other words im guessing dailin would be the port maintainer but idk i gave up and just went on with legends of the invincibles
Duwang

Post by Duwang »

The game keeps getting stuck on the loading screen when I try to set up a local multiplayer match. I found a bit of a workaround where connecting to the official server (I can get through the load screen when connecting to the server) before trying to set up a local game allows me to skip the loading screen, but it's rather inconvenient, especially since I can't always be connected to the internet. Is this a common problem?

Oh and is there any way to increase font size? It's far too small for a screen like the itouch's.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Duwang wrote:The game keeps getting stuck on the loading screen when I try to set up a local multiplayer match. I found a bit of a workaround where connecting to the official server (I can get through the load screen when connecting to the server) before trying to set up a local game allows me to skip the loading screen, but it's rather inconvenient, especially since I can't always be connected to the internet. Is this a common problem?

Oh and is there any way to increase font size? It's far too small for a screen like the itouch's.
I think it is normal, it is the same as PC version.
Big font may break UI layout now, Wesnoth UI designer is doing about this,he is designing new ui for ios.
dailin

Post by dailin »

sourish55 wrote:I had already game stuck problem, I got reinstalling it then issue resolved.
Do you try to reboot your phone?Maybe memory problem.

NOTE: the post this is referring to has been found to be spam and deleted. — shadowm
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

I am just curious, are you going to make a new update for 1.11.x?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

With Wesnoth 1.11.x being a moving target, that’d probably be a very bad idea. It’d be more advisable to wait for the first 1.12 beta or (preferably) release candidate in the series.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Jrivenonathan

Post by Jrivenonathan »

Hey there! I was just testing the new update today and so here goes. :)

First, I wanted to say a huge thank you for the pinch feature. :) Much appreciated.

But I have one complaint. On the right sidebar, when I select a unit, it no longer shows the damage type of the weapon. ie. impact, pierce, etc.

Thanks for the update!
dailin

Post by dailin »

Jrivenonathan wrote:Hey there! I was just testing the new update today and so here goes. :)

First, I wanted to say a huge thank you for the pinch feature. :) Much appreciated.

But I have one complaint. On the right sidebar, when I select a unit, it no longer shows the damage type of the weapon. ie. impact, pierce, etc.

Thanks for the update!
Because right sidebar can‘t show all information when one unit has three weapons, i rm damage type from right bar to make sure all weapons can be displayed.I improve help view,you can get unit description easily by clicking unit image in right sidebar.
Sun-Tzu

Post by Sun-Tzu »

I've been playing the latest iPad version and really enjoying it! Just 3 minor things I'd like to report:
  1. Some punctuation isn't working while messaging. I use the English US keyboard and can't type characters like "!", "?" or ":".
  2. Is there a way to display the coordinates for a hex?
  3. Can't figure out how to access the command line. Tried to use the /droid command on chat but it didn't work.
P.S.: I'm playing on an iPad Air.