Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Somnus

Re: Wesnoth 1.10.5 for iphone/ipad & source code is out now!

Post by Somnus »

Hello, thanks for the app! It's nice to see someone's taken over the task of keeping the iOS version up to date. If I could make three suggestions though, and I'm sure you've heard them already:

1.) Being able to scroll without having to use the scrollbars. If I tap on the arrows at the top or bottom of the scroll bar it scrolls way too fast, and trying to drag the scroll bar is just cumbersome on a small touch screen.

2.) Being able to zoom out on the main map, so that it's easier to get a view of things, but without having to go all the way out like the minimap shows.

3.) This one is the one I would like to see the most. Asynchronous multiplayer. This would, in my opinion, erase almost all the other small flaws. I'm not sure if this would be possible, but I would LOVE it.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Somnus wrote:3.) This one is the one I would like to see the most. Asynchronous multiplayer. This would, in my opinion, erase almost all the other small flaws. I'm not sure if this would be possible, but I would LOVE it.
For the last idea, that really has nothing to do with the iOS port.
I suggest you bring it up in the Ideas forum.
Actually some threads were already started on this topic:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 47#p498647
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
dailin

Post by dailin »

Somnus wrote:1.) Being able to scroll without having to use the scrollbars. If I tap on the arrows at the top or bottom of the scroll bar it scrolls way too fast, and trying to drag the scroll bar is just cumbersome on a small touch screen.
This is ready, you will find it in next version :)
Somnus wrote:2.) Being able to zoom out on the main map, so that it's easier to get a view of things, but without having to go all the way out like the minimap shows.
I need some time to test scale view in SDL.
Somnus wrote:3.) This one is the one I would like to see the most. Asynchronous multiplayer. This would, in my opinion, erase almost all the other small flaws. I'm not sure if this would be possible, but I would LOVE it.
Thanks for Sapient's answer.
Somnus

Post by Somnus »

Well alright! A confirmation of item 1 makes my day! Thanks.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

dailin wrote:
Somnus wrote:1.) Being able to scroll without having to use the scrollbars. If I tap on the arrows at the top or bottom of the scroll bar it scrolls way too fast, and trying to drag the scroll bar is just cumbersome on a small touch screen.
This is ready, you will find it in next version :)
YES! Thank you so much!
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

Dailin you have made it so that if a dialogue is to long you can use a scroll down now to see the rest is there any possible way that you could give the box a next button kind of like the begining of scenarios. Mainly asking cause if i dont touch the screen the right way the scroll wont go down i will then lift my finger and it proceeds to the next part without me being able to see what was left of the story being told if there was a next button we could use the scroll then tap next without it proceeding to the next part before we can read the last parts.
Somnus

Post by Somnus »

I think the finger-to-scroll item in the next update should help with that! Although I don't know if if you have to scroll up multiple times with your finger would cause it to advance like it does now or not.
dailin

Post by dailin »

Feareth wrote:Dailin you have made it so that if a dialogue is to long you can use a scroll down now to see the rest is there any possible way that you could give the box a next button kind of like the begining of scenarios. Mainly asking cause if i dont touch the screen the right way the scroll wont go down i will then lift my finger and it proceeds to the next part without me being able to see what was left of the story being told if there was a next button we could use the scroll then tap next without it proceeding to the next part before we can read the last parts.
I know this bug.This is the last issue in new version improvment plan. After fixing, i will release new version.
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

dailin wrote:
Feareth wrote:Dailin you have made it so that if a dialogue is to long you can use a scroll down now to see the rest is there any possible way that you could give the box a next button kind of like the begining of scenarios. Mainly asking cause if i dont touch the screen the right way the scroll wont go down i will then lift my finger and it proceeds to the next part without me being able to see what was left of the story being told if there was a next button we could use the scroll then tap next without it proceeding to the next part before we can read the last parts.
I know this bug.This is the last issue in new version improvment plan. After fixing, i will release new version.
Awesome thanks!! :)
dailin

Post by dailin »

Feareth wrote:Awesome thanks!! :)
Ok, i have fixed this bug :D.
Somnus

Post by Somnus »

Hey, thanks for adding the finger scrolling! If I could give you some feedback though, it seems to be overly sensitive. Just something to consider!
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

dailin wrote:
Feareth wrote:Awesome thanks!! :)
Ok, i have fixed this bug :D.
Ok so i have downloaded the new update but it still did not fix the issue with the game crashing because of the Soul Eater ability Dugi has given the preserved liches.
pden

Post by pden »

dailin wrote:
pden wrote:I would like to report a bug.
This happen when i am playing Legend of the Invincibles Chapter III: Shadows of the Night.
In the Darkest Darkness stage, whenever the character Lethalia kills the enemy, i will get the following error msg.

"An Error due to possibly invalid WML occurred
The error message is :
Failed to show a dialog, which doesn't fit on the screen

When reporting the bug please include the following error message:
/dailin/Wesnoth/battleforwesnoth/battleforwesnoth/gui/widgets/windows.cpp:947 in function 'layout'
found the following problem: Failed to size window; wanted size 568,329 available size 568,320 screen size 568,320.
I reproduce your bug. Thanks for your report.
Hi Dailin,

I like to follow-up on this bug.
I played my saved game on your new release but instead of getting any error msg, it kills the app and cause the app to exit.
I guess I will need to wait for the next round of fix to continue my campaign.
dailin

Post by dailin »

pden wrote:I like to follow-up on this bug.
I played my saved game on your new release but instead of getting any error msg, it kills the app and cause the app to exit.
I guess I will need to wait for the next round of fix to continue my campaign.
Feareth wrote: it still did not fix the issue with the game crashing because of the Soul Eater ability Dugi has given the preserved liches.
I think these are the same kind bug. New update don’t fix this bug, i try to fix it in next version. :)
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

Also these errors popup from time to time so I'm used to the but I have to tap ok about 20 times or so till it will eventually bring me back to the main menu would you happen to know gy I have to hit it that many times?(I know it's not a loading thing as if you tap it once and eventually does something)
Attachments
image.jpg